We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport in the city

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Transport in the city

Hi all - is the city easy to navigate round? What type of cost is transport? I have heard that a local taxi can take you to the main temples rather than booking a trip?

Thanks in advance

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport in the city

I find Bangkok easy to navigate.

You can use public transportation(BTS or MRT) which do a great job in helping you dodge the traffic. Depending on how long you will be in Bangkok, I would suggest getting a Rabbit(BTS) card, which allows you to put a specific amount of trips on the card. You then won't have to deal with lines going forward. The BTS is a fare zone cost system. the further out you go from your starting point, the more expensive.

Taxi's in Bangkok are inexpensive. The main issue is the famous Bangkok traffic(it can be brutal.)

I have never booked a trip to any of the temples. i visit on my own at my own pace.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,922 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport in the city

Hi,

Do read the links below for getting around Bangkok:

bts.co.th/customer/…02-route-current_new.aspx

http://www.chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/home/

Edited: 18 May 2014, 21:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport in the city

Have a read of the FQ - FAQ GETTING Around on the right.

Note, FAQ's dont show on the mobile app.

Use BTS and River express boats for visiting Grand Palace and Wats.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport in the city

If you are on your own for short journeys you could try the motorbike taxis which are better at ducking the heavy traffic jams (sometimes by driving mostly on the pavements)

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport in the city

Hi all thanks the the advice & will log on TA using my laptop to view :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport in the city

We use buses whenever possible.

7. Re: Transport in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24