We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 13:05
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Apparently i found my answer shortly after i posted the question. It's taking place in all of thailand.

But still, Could anybody advice me on canceling my plans or going ahead with them ? REALLY CONFUSED!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Don't confused the curfew impose NATION WIDE ( meaning the whole of Thailand ) !!

As to go ahead or cancel only you can DECIDE

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Things could change for better of worse by 6 June, nobody knows. Curfew is imposed nationwide as Pea says, but the word from the islands is that things are a bit mored relaxed and not much affected.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Thanks for the replies.

Cassnu

I thought that things in the islands are a bit more relaxed too. But still for someone on a holiday, having to get back home at 10 pm is not fun at all :p

thanks again

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

I posted a similar question on the Samui forum yesterday which TA deleted because it mentioned the words military Coup. If they had bothered to read the post they would have seen it was a question about whether the bars and restaurants were closing early. The answer from locals (before TA deleted the post) is that the curfew is not being observed in Samui and life goes on as normal which is what I knew people would say as we were in Samui during the last military intervention in Bangkok in 2010.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Hi twiggyrex,

There was a report on Richard Barrow's twitter feed from someone in Samui that said that in Lamai the bars did close at 10pm so I think it's a bit variable in many places. But of course it's early days and the situation might well relax.

Cheers

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

I live next to Thailand. I would cancel. My family refuses to cross the border.

Montreal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the curfew taking place in Bangkok only ?

Although the steps taken by the military are enforcing country-wide curfew, I don't you should over-react...

Quite frankly, I'll be in Patong, Phuket May 26-30, and I feel safer for any military presence, simply because it's only the military and opposing political parties aren't invited... Things should be calmer and business as usual. I've been to Samui, and it couldn't be further removed from the political scene and should be very enjoyable...(beaches are amazing...)

Due to the large tourist industries in both Phuket ad Samui, I doubt they will jeopardize their cash cow, and they will make every attempt to keep things running normally...

For the bar-flies, you better stop at a 7/11 and stock up on booze and head back to the hotel doe the rest of the evening, after 10pm...