We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Lounges

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok Lounges

I am traveling business class (a frequent flyer airfare) from Bangkok on Quatar airlines and am told they use the THAI lounge. Does anyone know if I am able to use the Thai Business Class lounge? Is there a cost? what hours are they open (I will be arriving at 22.30 and leaving several hours later and don't know whether to get a day room or not.

Thank you for any help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Lounges

Qatar Airlines is part of OneWorld so if anything I would think that you would use the JAL lounge. The Thai Airways lounge is open 5am to 1am. Most lounges close around midnight so you should definitely check with your airline as a Louis' Tavern dayroom may be called for depending upon your waiting time.

If you just want a shower and freshen up then the CIP rooms offer showers for around 500 Baht.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
154 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Lounges

Hi I am OneWorld Sapphire (qantas ff gold) and have flown to Bangkok twice now with Malaysian Airlines and both times used the Thai airways lounge. There are a few Thai lounges so it depends on which gate you are leaving from. If you are OneWorld sapphire or emerald or flying business class you will be issued lounge passes when you check in for your flight (or drop your bags if you check in online). You will also be advised which lounge is the most convenient for you to get to the gate that you are leaving from.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 14:02
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Lounges

Hi,

Last time I flew J with Qatar they used the Thai lounges, that was before they joined one world though. The lounge closest to the gates Qatar usually use is quite small but ok. The lounge is free to J class pax and stays open for the 2:40am departure.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Lounges

Thank you very much; this is really helpful.

Paula

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Lounges

Thank you very much; this is really helpful.

Paula

6. Re: Bangkok Lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:16