We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time between BKK and DMK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
travel time between BKK and DMK

We're scheduled to arrive at BKK from London at 6:05am on Monday, June16. Air Asia has just cancelled our evening flight on June 16 at DMK and moved it to 10:10am that same morning. We will just have carry-on luggage and plan to take a taxi to DMK as soon as we clear immigration at BKK. Do you think we can make the 10:10 flight to Siem Reap in that time span? Thanks for any help.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

You need to allow around an hour or so, so if you leave the airport at say 7am and arrive at DM by 8am you will be fine as long as there are no delays in your flight or through any traffic.

Captain Cook, Hawaii
Level Contributor
107 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

A very long bumpy uncomfortable 1 hour plus in the early evening. tip........

make sure you get in line because if you dont you may end up standing in the isle.because the seats fill up fast.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,269 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Yes, give youself a hour.

seamillfarmcom , why are you on about early evening and standing in the aisle of a bus ?? The OP asked about a morning taxi Lol

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Check-in and print your boarding passes for the AirAsia flight online. This can be done up to two weeks before the flight. As you only have carry-on luggage, if flights are on time, you should have plenty of time.

Edit to add: Be sure to also have a pen on you so you're not relying on finding one available to fill out the arrival and departure cards.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 09:39
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Definitely check in online for the Air Asia flight, it will give you a bit more time to play with. I'd say that Immigration at Suvarnabhumi would be fast at that time of day, not many flights are arriving but I'd try and book towards the front of the plane and walk fast ;)

We have done the transfer between airports with 4 hours between flights at midday before and used the shuttle bus. That took 50 mins on the bus, so taxi would definitely be quicker.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Thank you, Cassnu. Yes, I hope there are no delays in our flights. I keep debating whether I should just cancel our Air Asia flight at 10:10 and book with Bangkok Air for a flight in late afternoon or chance on making the Air Asia morning flight. Perhaps if we do miss that 10:10 flight, I can then make a same day booking with Bangkok Air. I'm in a quandary as to what to do. What really gets me upset is that I had just modified our Air Asia original reservation, was charged a fee, and received a confirmation for my revised flight. I then revised all other plans to fit the modified Air Asia reservation, and then 4 days after this, Air Asia cancels the flight. So now there is a domino effect with my other reservations. Anyway, thank you for your help and I hope it's smooth traveling for us that day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Thanks Loubbuloulou. That's good advice to check in online for our AirAsia flight. I'll also check to see where we are seated and maybe do some heavy duty begging to see if we can have some priority in exiting the plane. Thank you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Thanks, Jim. I'll take your advice. I'll make sure to print our boarding passes and have pens. It'll be carry-ons on our flights from London but once we get to Air Asia, we have to check our bags since they don't meet their requirements for carry-ons.

Captain Cook, Hawaii
Level Contributor
107 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

the bus is free

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel time between BKK and DMK

Okay you're still fine. Don Muang international check in rows from AirAsia are often not busy and when the case all counters are in use for everything. But when they are busy, they have a separate counter(s) for dropping off bags, and for checking in.