We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure card

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
departure card

i forgot to write the names of my family members name on departure card, now the cards are mixed up , plz help me how can i can match the correct card with correct names

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: departure card

The Departure part of your Arrivals card given out on the plane before you land for each person travelling, if that is what you are referring to, should have been completed in full, and presented to Immigration. They keep the Arrivals part and usually staple the Departure part in the relevant passports where they should be left until you depart Thailand. Is that not what happened to you?

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: departure card

If I understand what you're saying, somehow you didn't fill out the departure card and now have several of them loose and not sure which goes to which passport. This is quite odd because normally you fill them out in advanced at arrival and is stapled in passport. But anyways two ways to fix this.

1. (best option if have time and are near one) Go to nearest immigration office to where you are and have them sort it out for you. This shouldn't take too long once there, but depends if immigration office has a queue or not. If are near one and have time go at opening.

2. Just get to the airport well before your flight and sort it out as leaving. They can be very slow in looking it up. I had lost half of mine once. It must have just happened within days because didn't notice until handing him my passport (and in this time had been a few years since I left Thailand being here on long term extensions). It had ripped off, and didn't have the number when departing Phuket airport. It must have taken a good 30-40 minutes while the officer went over to another set of computers to find what # then he just crossed it off from a fresh one and wrote the correct number on it. Perhaps it was because I had been here so long that it took a while to find, but not sure.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: departure card

Not every officer staples the departure card to the passport, last time I came in via Phuket it was simply placed inside the passport.

Is there no other information on each card that identifies it to each passport, such as passport number?

If not then immigration will need to sort it out for you as per post #2 as only their computers can tell them which numbered departure card is linked to the induvidual passports.

4. Re: departure card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16