We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight near airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight near airport

I think that the Novotel in the airport is really expensive. I realize that you are paying for the convience of the hotel. I am not finding any hotels near the airport that rated highly, but the price is much better. Are any of the areas near the airport part of the protestors? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your help!

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight near airport

Thong Ta is completely fine in my strong opinion. Has 24 hour shuttle every 30 minutes both way. AC works etc. Some rooms are nicer than others. The complaints are that it has stairs and no lift. But there are a lot of rooms around back, and on the first floor too, and that breakfast is LOL, but yeah it is like an egg, hotdog, orange juice or coffee, and piece of toast, but the rate for room is so cheap and includes shuttles both ways. They also used to have some hard beds but I haven't landed one of these at all my past 10 visits. The first floor in building beds are amazing, and the ones upstairs are just fine. Not sure if any still have the Thai style beds or not but again I haven't drawn one in like past 10 stopover. AC has always worked great, and WIFI is included. Is street food nearby and a 7-Eleven and Minimart at corner. There are no protests in that area.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,400 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight near airport

Hi,

Lots of hotels given on the link below:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c136691/Bangk…

We have stayed at the Grand Pinnacle several times. It provides a transfer to/from the airport.

Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight near airport

I missed this list! Thank you that will be really helpful.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight near airport

"Are any of the areas near the airport part of the protestors?"

+=+

If you are not flying out early the next morning why not just go into the city and be done with it? Tourists ARE still using hotels in the city area too!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k752…

The airport area is in an inconvenient location for seeing the city if you are not flying next morning.

Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight near airport

I stayed at Bussaba Bangkok in April because the Novotel was expensive and I preferred to spend my money with a local company. Transfers from and to the airport were included in the price and I could not fault the hotel.

6. Re: Overnight near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:17