We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time sensitive - transfer through bkk from HKT

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Time sensitive - transfer through bkk from HKT

Flying thai from HKT to BKk then have 6 hour stop before continuing. I was planning on getting out of airport but for some reason they took my departure card here in Phuket - does that mean I can't leave bkk airport without filling new one? They also stamped my passport already - I'm worried it'll be real hastle to refill it out for whole fam..

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time sensitive - transfer through bkk from HKT

I have never done this,so I am not certain this is correct. With six hours, you have limited options if you were to leave the airport. To get too and from central Bangkok you need to allow at least one hour each way. I would allow more getting back to the airport, plus time for immigration and security. That leaves you two, maybe three hours in Bangkok. Not worth the effort.

I do not know what the process for going through immigration, if it is possible, would require. Even if it was as simple as reentering Thailand, and I am not sure it is, that now takes you down to less than two hours in town. Also, you are already a passenger enroute.I do not know what the consequences would be if you missed your flight.

Six hours is about the worst layover. A long time to sit at the airport, but not really enough to do anything else, in my opinion.

2. Re: Time sensitive - transfer through bkk from HKT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17