We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Hi everyone,

I will be staying at Glow Pratunam Hotel for my upcoming visit. I plan to visit these 3 places: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown on one of the days.

Could you please advise if it is ideal to travel from Hotel > Terminal 21 > Asiatique > Chinatown (in terms of timing and distance) ?

Thank you

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Hi,

Start by going to Terminal 21 and then Chinatown. Save Asiatique for later in the day.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Yes Asiatique is really a post 4pm destination.

This will help you for using the metros, bts.co.th/customer/…02-route-current_new.aspx

From Glow head to T21 first via the BTS at Ratchawithi station, disembark at Asoke (10 mins) (you can also catch the #38 bus from outside the hotel if you are game for a challenge, it goes to Asoke). From T21, you can take the MRT to Hualumphong and easily get to Chinatown from there, either walk or taxi (20-30 mins all up).

After Chinatown you want to get the Asiatique shuttle ferry from Saphan Taksin. This means either making your way to the river and taking a ferry south or back to the MRT to Silom and then interchanging with the BTS to ST.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Yes indeed, Asiatique comes alive only in the evenings, so you shld max out your day at Chinatown. If you want shopping, head to Sampheng Lane. You'll be spoiled for choice.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Thanks all for the replies! This is really helpful because it is my first trip to BKK.

I initially planned to go Chinatown last as I'm going there for my seafood feast. Those popular seafood stalls (eg. T&K) opens from 6pm onwards so I'm not sure if it would be alittle late going to Asiatique after dinner?

Here's my draft itinerary (in order of the places I'm going to visit) Will arrive BKK on Friday night and leaving on Tue afternoon so nothing much to be done on these 2 days except maybe getting a massage. Suggestions on rearranging the order of the places that I should visit are very much welcomed. And if you can recommend a nice massage parlour near Glow hotel, that would be great!

1st Day (Sat)

-Pratunam market

-Chatuchak

-Union Mall

-Central World & Big C

2nd Day (Sun)

-Terminal 21

-Chinatown

-Asiatique

3rd Day (Mon)

-Platinum mall

-Siam Square

-Siam night market

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 30 June 2014, 06:13
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

from Hotel > Terminal 21 > Chinatown > Asiatique

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

No feedback on the timing other than Asiatique is nighttime. Just wanted to add having been to all three recently, Asiatique would be on my do not miss list over the other two.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

T&K is open at 430pm not 600pm

Why all the malls?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
361 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

wenn,

Pratunam is very close to Platinum and Siam Square (and MBK) - so that is a good combination.

Chatuchak is at least a half day as it is huge, and hot, and exhausting - and you might have a lot of things to carry :-)

Enjoy

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Thanks all for the helpful comments/suggestions!

I have planned for this trip to be a shopping and eating one. :)

Do let me know if there's any nice massage parlours, preferably near Glow hotel that you can recommend.

Thanks once again :)

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Terminal 21, Asiatique and Chinatown

Spend the day at Terminal 21 then eat your dinner at China town. Spare another day for locations close to the river like Grand Palace or the Temple of Dawn, then take a boat to Sapan Taksin early evening and get on Asiatique's shuttle boat from there.