We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Hi

In Bangkok right now (yay!)

We have a 7:00 flight leaving out of DMK tomorrow (Monday). We were thinking to leave our KSR area hotel at 5am, but I want to be sure we have enough time, knowing Air Asia closes check in 45min before the flight.

Thank you for help!!

-rr

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Hi Ramirez,

That would be cutting it too fine.

Although traffic @ 5 am should be smooth, any hold-up along the way would put your flight in jeopardy.

I would leave at 4.30 am latest if I were you.

Good trip ahead.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Thank you for the quick reply.

We've adjusted our morning plans based on your recommendation.

Thanks!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Assuming that you get a taxi pronto in the morning you'd be fine leaving at 5:15am and you'll be at the airport before 6am (however if there is heavy rain I'd leave earlier). Do note that Airaisa check in lines tend to be very long in the morning and esp. on a Mon. (There is a trick if the general check in line is long, AA call pax for the flights just about to close, pull them out of the line and off to another check in counter. Often it pays to arrive at 55 mins prior to the flight than spending 20 mins in the line).

If you do depart at 4:30am, ie. in the taxi I am guessing you are going to arrive around 5am and wonder what to do with all of your extra time. As they say, better to be safe.....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Follow up: We left the hotel at 4:30am. Traffic was light, only encountering a small snarl entering the airport. We arrived at 5:00, got checked in, through security, and sat down for coffee by 5:30.

Flight was on time and less than full. And now I'm writing this from my shady bungalow porch on Ko Phangan. A win!

Thanks again for your advice.

-rr

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

Were you able to get meter taxi at 4:30 AM or booked transfer in advance?

6. Re: Khao San Road area to DMK - travel time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:15