We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

Hi, Im looking at staying at the Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square and I need some help.

We will be a family of four 2 adults and 2 kids aged 10 and 12. At this hotel from what I can see the beds are either a Queen Bed or 2 singles...Has anyone stayed here before with kids? I would like to know are the beds large enough to fit 4 people or is there a sofa bed/rollaway bed that is used free of charge to accommodate everyone.

I looked at the they Junior Suite thinking that it would have more beds but again it only has a queen bed...very frustrating.. I have emailed the Novotel but haven't yet had a reply..

thanking you in advance

Kelli.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

As per bookings.com,

'Free! All children under 16 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.'

booking.com/hotel/…novotelbangkok.en-gb.html

May be you can reach them

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

Hi

We stayed here a couple of time in the past but we are family of 3. We always had a room with 2 double bed. Your family shoud be ok with 2 double bed. One for parents and one for children.

Also worth to check out Siam @ Siam we stayed year befoer last year and loved it. They also have family room.

However the Novotel you will have good deals. The children under 16th stay free for exiting bed and eat free if dine with parent/s.

Cheers,

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

PallaviMyPackageTrip, you haven't answered my question...I know that kids under 16 are free my question is to anyone who has stayed what the bedding situation is like in the room as it only lists a double or 2 singles, which wouldn't accommodate 2 kids and 2 adults. And I have emailed the hotel but haven't had a response back.

thankyou sweatpea, this differs to what their website states....

Edited: 08 July 2014, 10:04
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

I did dummy check ( just to confirm what we had) for you and their standard room stated " 2 single beds accommodate 2 adults and 2 children".

From experiences Single bed In Thailand often is our Aussie double bed standard size.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

i agree with sweetpea; i have often been confused by the bed descriptions in thailand. I think by 'single bed' in a room for two people they often mean only one bed in the room (which is then a double/queen/king size). some hotels ask you if you want a single bed or two beds for a booking for 2 people in the room. it can be very confusing.

do the hotel reviews shed any light on this?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

I contacted someone who had stayed in the standard room and made a review and they advised that the single bed is a king single and is about 1.5m wide so I think it will be ok for us...Its so confusing..a lot of the hotels only allow 1 extra child ..and the booking agencies like Agoda, booking.com don't show the correct info...the link that PallaviMyPackageTrip put on gave a rate for 2 adults and 1 child and then charged extra for bedding for the 2nd child which is completely wrong......

I booked a room on Phi Phi last year thru booking and they advised that the room came with a sofa bed which was completely wrong when I asked the hotel...so you never know what you have booked until you get there and find out the hard way..but thankyou for all your help

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

Sometime is best to book directly with hotel. With Novotel we booked direct with their own website.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

Call the hotel and ask....

9. Re: family of four at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16