We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Topic
FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

hi all

i dont know if this has been mentioned before as i dont really post in the bangkok forum

i have some information i would like to share with you all regarding arrivals and departures

flew into bangkok international airport Suvarnabhumi and when walking down the hall to customs and *collect bags* the queues are HUGE and SLOW!!!

however there are three sections to the customs queue

obviously the one closer to you are the one you'll prob go to

we queued about 20 minutes, when my friend decided to look at the other customs queue

i want to share that the LAST customs section has NO queue, well about 50-70 people compared to a few hundred people at the first section

second info i'd like to share with you is...

if you are flying with airasia OUT of don mueang, you HAVE checked in online and only need to go to *bag drop off* be warned the service is severely slow!!!

definately go at least with 2 hours to pay with AT THE AIRPORT to feel safe

there was so many people running to catch their flights, one family had 7 minutes to catch their flight with a customs queue to go through, and again only a few people in the queue yet the time they took was very long

i dont know if this is a one off, or if this is how they work

but i just wanted to share the info with you guys who like myself normally gets to the airport about 60-90 minutes before flying as i dont like to waste time at the airport

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,804 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

I think you mean queues at immigration (where you get your passport stamped) not customs.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

Hi Babyangel,

Appreciate your pointer queuing for immigration clearance.

But on Airasia's check-in, I believe your experience is a once-off occurrence.

I did a counter check-in recently @ DMK. It took me only 3 minutes.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 04:05
Mentioned in this post
Don Muang Airport
Don Muang Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
leeds, uk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

yeah the immigration queue

wow really one off?

must've picked a wrong day!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
633 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

I just got back from a trip and literally flew through and went through immigration at BKK twice and DMK one time. Never waited more than 10 minutes

Found airport super efficient

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

Yes there are two immigration halls at BKK, either side of the fasttrack and visa on arrival processing. And sometimes, when a couple if jumbos arrive simultaneously on one side of the airport, one can be crowded and the other clear(er).

If the first hall is super crowded there's no loss in trying the other. Just walk back out of the hall and then continue walking in the same direction to the other. At worst you'll lose a couple of minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
6. Re: FYI - Arrivals/ Departures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:16