We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amphawa to Ratchaburi

nsw
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amphawa to Ratchaburi

Can anyone please advise me how to from Amphawa ( floating market) to Ratchaburi We are planning on staying two nights in Amphawa and then need to catch a train south to Hua Hin the next day. We like to take a boat up the river to Ratchaburi but I think a min van may be better or bus

Maybe someone could recommend the easiest way to get to the train station at ratchaburi

Thanks heaps

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,235 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amphawa to Ratchaburi

First you need to take an 8-baht songthaew to Maeklong (aka Samut Songkhram). And there you'll find government licensed buses and vans to Ratchaburi. The bus stop is at the corner of Rattan Witthi Road and Ratpasit Road near Maeklong market.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amphawa to Ratchaburi

Keep in mind that by going to Ratchaburi, you are backtracking by heading north. It would probably be easier to go to Petchaburi city which is south towards HH, by bus or van - and there are also such services from Maeklong (though the buses for both cities tend to be the old slow ones which will stop at every stop trying to get as many pax as they can. This means a slowish, long trip in an non aircon bus)

I'd add that there are numerous vans running to Petchaburi & Hua Hin that pass on the main hwy (Rama2 #35) just south of Maeklong city. They are very frequent (every 15mins), some will be full and not stop. Those that are not full will stop at the main stop near the overpass into Maeklong or near the hospital before the bridge over the river. Seek local advice for exact of the stop.

Also, there is a good possibility that there will be day trippers in a tour from Hua HIn way at the floating market. You never know your luck, it never hurts to ask

nsw
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amphawa to Ratchaburi

Thank for the help I looking forward to going on the train to hua hin

Thanks heaps

4. Re: Amphawa to Ratchaburi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16