We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So much to see, so little time to do it!

Oldbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
So much to see, so little time to do it!

I have been looking at things to do in Bangkok and have decided on the following three...

Grand Palace

Elephant Trekking

Bridge over the River Kwai

However I am only in Bangkok 2 nights/3 days....

Does anyone know of any tour companies that will combine some of these attractions on one day trip?

I have found thailandhighlight.com, however I can't find them on the list mentioned on the 'FAQ Finding a TOUR guide', has anyone booked through them locally or online? And are they reliable?

Edited: 16 July 2014, 12:49
UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So much to see, so little time to do it!

sounds like you are really only in bangkok for one full day! If desparate to see the river kwai sites and elephant trekking then your best bet is to hire a guide in advance for the day and have them put together this itinerary for you. It will be a very long day!

You can pick up the royal palace (along with wat po next door and wat arun just across the river) on one of your partial days. jim thompson's house is also a good way to spend an hour or two and is well signposted from national stadium BTS station.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,520 posts
5,697 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So much to see, so little time to do it!

>>>river kwai sites and elephant trekking <<<<

These Kanchanaburi day trips that taken in the elephant trek and Bridge over River Kwai are indeed very long, time consuming and tiring. Is there a reason you only have 2 nights/3 days for your trip to Bangkok. I think it would be better to spend the night out in Kanchanaburi in order to do these activities more conveniently.

Also, so much to see in Bangkok, even in and around The Grand Palace. It is a shame to only spend a single day exploring these magnificent temples and grounds. As such, and just a personal preference, but I'd give both days to Bangkok alone and see as much as you possibly can. Here is a trip list of nice temples and other attractions near the Grand Palace if helpful.

Bangkok Top Attractions (our favourites)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i39411-Bangkok_…

Happy trip planning whatever you decide to do and hope you enjoy Bangkok.

Oldbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So much to see, so little time to do it!

Good News!! Ive managed to add a night on in Bangkok now, so I will be doing the Bridge over the River Kwai and elephant trekking on thr one day and The Grand Palace (perhaps with other temples) on another.

I will have a look on here and at a google search to see what tour guides/companies suit my needs, however any advice or information would be greatly received....

Thanks to those who have contributed.

4. Re: So much to see, so little time to do it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16