We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights in south East Asia

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flights in south East Asia

Am traveling around south east Asia, and will be catching aload of flights, they don't give any details about check in luggage, only hand luggage, Is there a charge for check in luggage with some airlines if so how much much and what airlines, thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights in south East Asia

Hi,

If you use LCC then there is usually a separate charge for hold luggage - the exception is Nok Air who include 15kg with the ticket price, with the full service carriers you get a minimum of 20kg free allowance for hold baggage.

Cheers

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights in south East Asia

Cheers for the reply, I take it LCC stands for a airline company, I haven't booked my flights over there yet, just trying to get a rough price together first

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights in south East Asia

HI,

LCC = low cost carrier... the likes of Air Asia, Firefly, Nok, Scoot, Jetstar etc. Most sell you a ticket and then you add the elements you need, ie seat choice, luggage, food, etc.

Cheers

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights in south East Asia

Have you any idea of the price they charge so I will know what to expect

Thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights in south East Asia

Hi,

Can't help as it depends on route, airline, date of travel etc. You need to use their websites and research for your itinerary and dates.

Cheers

6. Re: Flights in south East Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15