We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12-hour stopover in Bangkok - shopping advice

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
1 post
Save Topic
12-hour stopover in Bangkok - shopping advice

Hi,

I have $600 usd. Is this enough to do a decent amount of shopping in Bangkok for the amount of time I am there during my stopover (12hrs)? Need advice on changing usd money in Bangkok. What the best places to do in this timeframe, looking for women's/men's/boys (8 & 18yrs) fashion and toys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12-hour stopover in Bangkok - shopping advice

No need to post twice... give it some time and people with respond with ideas and suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12-hour stopover in Bangkok - shopping advice

Yes $600 usd. is plenty to do some good shopping in Bangkok. Have a read of the FAQ - FAQ Bangkok SHOPPING on the right. Note FAQ's dont show on the mobile app.

I would head straight to MBK for first shopping.

You can change your money at Bangkok airport but you will get a slightly better rate if you change in the city itself.

3. Re: 12-hour stopover in Bangkok - shopping advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16