We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple Hotel Advice

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Young Couple Hotel Advice

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice regarding where would to stay for a young couple for 4 nights in BK. I've visited Thailand before with friends and stayed in Soi Rambuttri but I am undecided if it would be as enjoyable without as much emphasis on the nearby nightlife!

This is the last leg of our trip after a few weeks travelling through Vietnam so im tempted to spend a little more (£40/50 per night) on a 4/5 star hotel but on the other hand im thinking it would be nice to have a relatively familiar base to explore from after no doubt spending the previous few weeks completely lost. Any hotels that that spring to mind fit the bill near'sh the Khao San/ Rabbuttri area?

Cheers

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple Hotel Advice

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d3104…

Above might suit your needs and should be within budget whilst still staying close to Khao San. Or if you want a lower price again still close to Khao San maybe the Bhiman Inn below

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d6345…

I have not stayed in either myself (I rarely stay in the Khao San area) but have been in them both when friends have been staying and got positive reports.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,448 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple Hotel Advice

You could also try a different area of Bangkok this time so you can use the Skytrain too. There is even rail service from Suvarnabhumi Airport. (Before midnight.)

KSR:

khaosanroad.com/all_accommodation/all_accomm…

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple Hotel Advice

Stick with your plan and stay in the Banglamphu area. Good vibe and you will get more value for money with better value hotels/drinks prices/restaurants

Rambuttri Village Inn gets many mentions on this and other forums

lonelyplanet.com/thailand/…hotels

4. Re: Young Couple Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15