We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

manchester
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

Hi there, we arrive in bangkok in the evening and leave early next morning for Cambodia , we would like to visit a good Irish pub which serves nice food, we have visited hanrahans a few times in the Sukhumvit area and would like to see if there are any other good Irish pubs.

The main thing ....must serve good pub grub and no ladies plying thier trade lol, thanks in advance.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

Hanrahans is actually the only one I've been in too but I know there is one on soi 11, mulligans it's called. I was thinking of checking that out on my next trip. I was in years ago on silom road, last time Ireland were in the world cup(so yeah a long time ago) I THINK it was called o Reilly's. The atmosphere was great that day as Ireland were playing, food good but very expensive.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

The Dubliner on Sukhumvit soi 33/1 comes to mind. I have not been in the new location but visited the old location a few times.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

O'Reilleys on Silom Rd does a good drop of the black stuff and is close to Sala Daeng BTS. Also Molly Malones is in this area, but never been in. At the other side of Silom Rd there's Jameson's Irish Pub which from memory I found a little pricy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

The Dubliner http://www.thedublinerbangkok.com/ also has accommodation and Emporium Shopping Centre is a very short walk.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

Not Irish but we love the Pickled Liver pub in Sukhumvit soi 7/1 great atmosphere and food.

www.thepickledliver.com

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

O 'Reillys changed it's name to Flann 0'Briens last year. It has several branches

http://flann-obriens.com/about-us/

Another guide from before the name change

thebangkokshoppingguide.com/best-irish-pubs

UK it's a OK
Level Contributor
375 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

Good to see you're going to integrate in to the local culture.

One night in Bangkok and you want to spend it in an Irish bar eating pub grub. Couldn't make it up and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it myself.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

And what's wrong with our bars sappurosushi? Ha ha, nah just kidding!!! The only time I go to them in Thailand is for me breakfast! The one and only meal where I don't eat Thai food! Other than that maybe an Irish or English bar for a football game! But yeah he's right Shirley! Do u really want to listen to loads of us Irish blabbering on full of drink? I go to Thailand to get away from that!!! Go eat some street food on soi 38 or somewhere and then if you want to drink with other travellers where there is no working girls, hit soi 11.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

@ sapporosushi lol we just enjoy the Irish pubs, I have been to bangkok at least 13 times and 9 times out of 10 we eat Thai, but we literally land in at 1900 and fly to Cambodia first thing in the morning so just want some simple fare after long flight.

We will save the lovely Thai meals for the nights we are staying in bangkok before we fly home :)

Thanks everyone for your recommendations, they look great.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 07:46
Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Irish pub? Recommendation please

I tend to try to avoid the "Irish" pubs in Thailand as they are usually a lot more expensive than the local bars but sometimes you just can't resist all all day fry-up, especially if you are feeling tender from the night before. Another advantage is they tend to have good air con so they can be good places to cool down on a hot day.