We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok questions

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glebe, New South...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok questions

Hi everyone

My friend and I are planning on doing a trip to Thailand, staying 3 or 4 nights in Bangkok. (Mid Sept)

We would like to do some tourist activities/sight seeing during the day and hit up the nightlife during the night.

I was looking at at Nasa Vegas hotel (tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g293916-d102…) and the first review I read stated it was far out of the way and not worth staying at, especially for party goers.

Is there a specific area we should be looking at for a Hotel?

Thanks in Advance

-Wade

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok questions

Hotels near Skytrain are good. Siam Square is a good central spot. River hotels are good at night if you have a view.

Depends on budget also.

Glebe, New South...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok questions

Thanks, ill start looking at Siam Square

Budget would be considered fairly low, but not as low as a backpacker

We have needs, Separate rooms, own bathroom, aircon, and a safe in the room.

I would saw around 1000 a night or less would be fantastic, but could go up to 1500 a night

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok questions

Ibis riverside or Ibis Siam. About $50 a night. Asia hotel but a bit old.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok questions

Hi,

Check out hostels.com

Glebe, New South...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok questions

Definitely do not want hostels, but thanks anyway :)

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok questions

Hi,

I believe there are some cheap hotels on hostels.com. Anyway, there are a number of cheap hotels in the 1,000 baht range, we always stay at the Honey Hotel on Sukhumvit, Soi 19. It is central close to both the MRT (subway) and BTS (Skytrain).

Edited: 08 August 2014, 16:28
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,560 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok questions

"...especially for party goers."

Nana area on Sukhumvit Road. Walk to nightlife, malls, vendors, restaurants, etc. etc. Also in this area you can use the Skytrain. Using a real computer do a forum search for Nana area, Sukhumvit, Road. Do a Google search too for nightlife Bangkok.

http://bangkoktonite.com/maps/sukhumvit.shtml

Nana area hotels. Walk to nightlife, etc.

http://www.bangkok.com/ibis-nana/

http://www.maximinn.com/rooms.html

Under 21 years old and you want to be around other young tourists - do some research on Khao San Road area. No access for Skytrain but lots of young tourists.

If you want hotel help include your price range. (Do a forum search for hotels in whatever area you need a hotel in.) Nasa Vegas is not a bad hotel for the price. Conveniently located near to the Airport Rail Link stop but not much of what you want to do in the late evening without using taxi rides.

(Airport Rail Link connects with Skytrain.) You can use rail service from Suvarnabhumi to the Nana - Asoke area until midnight.

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bangkok questions

I would agree the Nasa Vegas is a bit far out from everything,

If you want to be in the Siam area cheap and cheerfull then maybe this place might be of interest.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d5496…

If you are willing to stay in Sukhumvit (good for restaurants bars and street food) and also close to Sky Train you might consider this

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d2058…

Hope that is of some help

Edited: 08 August 2014, 16:42
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bangkok questions

I can recommend Baan sukhumvit soi 18 which we stayed 3 nights at. 1650bht a night, however I think their other hotel is cheaper Baan sukhumvit soi 20

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bangkok questions

Banglamphu area should suit you. More value for money with accommodation,restaurants and drinks prices around Khao Sans Rd.

Your near the river and the excellent day time river transport systems to get you to the temples and sites which are situated near the river.

Spent many an excellent night during my winter stays in the KSR area and I'm the wrong side of 50. Very good vibe, atmosphere and nightlife, not at all seedy unlike some of the area's on the "shiny path"

Contrary to popular opinion from some of our American buddies on here, Khao Sans Rd is full of people of all ages of all nationalities and is certainly not a closed shop for under 21s.