We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlocking iPhones

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Unlocking iPhones

How much do they normally charge to unlock an iPhone does anyone know? Any particular place to recommend getting it done in sukhumvit asoke to nana area?

Cheers!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unlocking iPhones

I would go to MBK. A friend had his iPhone unlocked for about 1500 baht and they took it over night. Can't tell you which shop. There are probably more phone geeks at MBK who can do the job than anywhere else!

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Pantip Plaza or Pratunam. 1500 baht sounds expensive. Should be less than that.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,897 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unlocking iPhones

I got an iPhone unlocked on the 4th floor of MBK for 500 baht. It took a couple hours. But different models and installed iOSs have varying complexities.

Thailand
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unlocking iPhones

1500 Baht is way too much I'm afraid. A service girl that I've Known for a number of years took mine very recently to have it unlocked and the cost was 300 Baht, phone came back to me 90 mins later. Like many other things in LOS there is a twin pricing structure - The price paid by Thai's and then there is the much higher price required from non Thai's.

Dhanbad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Havana_10

What you mean by service Girl

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Lol service girl no good. Two ways to unblock it and the better way will cost u about 1500, then there's the temporary block that goes same ur SIM card, cheaper. Depends what carrier also. MBK again

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Yes holguin, I'm all to aware about the twin pricing structure in Thailand. Berlin I'll check out mbk 4th floor then. Thanks to everybody for the replies!

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unlocking iPhones

I'll be staying very close to terminal 21. I know mbk well and know it's only a short trip on bts, I've never actually been in terminal 21. Would it be a good bet there or should I just go to mbk?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,859 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Terminal 21 only has a very small "IT" section on the top floor. I doubt you will have any luck there.

Thailand
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Unlocking iPhones

Hi mkanoria, 'service girl' refers to someone that works in a bar or restaurant as a waitress.