We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

Agartala, Tripura...
14 posts
Save Topic
Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

Hi,

How much time would it take for getting immigration clearance at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

First option:

Considering the fact that if I already have Thai Visa in hand, and If I arrive at 2:40 PM (afternoon) and want to take my next flight to Phuket from Don Mueang Airport on the same evening, how much time do I have in my hand to catch my next flight in the worst case scenario? If I take the last flight to Phuket and arrive late at night, will it be safe to proceed to my hotel?

Also, I think transfer between the two airports will take considerable time in the evening due to heavy traffic.

Second option:

If I arrive at 00:55 hrs (mid night) in Suvarnabhumi Airport, can I go to the immigration at that time. I would spend my time at the airport till morning and take the shuttle bus at 5 AM to Don Mueang Airport. Then take the flight and proceed to Phuket.

Please suggest which one of these would be a better option.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

What time is your flight out of Don Muang? You write "evening" and arrive at Suvarnabhumi 2:40 pm. I don't think that your immigration procedures would take more than an hour. Besides you say you have your visa already. With a real computer a forum search will show many, many hundreds of posts from Indian tourists asking about visas. Sample post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k515…

You can go through immigration just about any time during the day or night. Flights come in late, flights arrive in the middle of the night all the time.

At the worse maybe an hour and a half travel time between airports. But probably closer to 45-60 minutes. If you go with the free bus maybe you will have to wait for the bus to show up and load passengers.

Depends on what time your "evening departure" is. (Your flight could arrive late at Suvarnabhumi too.)

A forum search works better with a real computer than a smartphone.

Good luck.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

If you arrive at Suvarnabhumi at 0055 would you still use the same evening flight out of Don Muang? Will you be hanging around airports for almost all night and all day long? If so, wouldn't it be better to spend the first night in Bangkok and leave for Phuket a day later? (Bangkok is cheaper than Phuket!)

If you arrive around midnight don't just hang around airports to your "evening" departure from Don Muang. There are earlier departures from Don Muang. Taxis run all night long from BKK to Don Muang.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,828 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

You should have plenty of time with a 2:40 PM arrival into Suvarnabhumi to clear Immigration, collect your luggage and transfer to Don Mueang for an evening flight to Phuket where it is perfectly safe to go to your hotel late at night.

Agartala, Tripura...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

Thanks everyone for the useful information.

5. Re: Time taken for immigration at Bangkok(Suvarnabhumi) Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17