We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel - LOCATION

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

Hello All..all the latest TA reviews are giving a clear idea to choose between these 2 properties on Sukhumvit Rd. But I just want to find out how much (if any) I will be impacted if I choose one in Soi 22 rather Soi 11.

I heard Soi 11 (or Ambassador in my case) will be more convenient in terms of Airport movement, or to any shopping center like MBK or more especially close to many Indian restaurant option. Any idea on Soi 22 on these same feature. Your suggestion will help me a lot to finalize my Bangkok stay (Dec 12-15, 2014).

Terminal 21
Department Stores, Shopping Malls,
Train Night Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

I have never been to the Admiral Suites, although I know where it is,but I have been to the Ambassador.

I would stay at the Ambassador for all the reasons you gave, especially the location.

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

Admiral Suites is good value. Nice soi. 15 min walk to skytrain however.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

Really not much different with respect to getting to/from the airport.

Same with respect to shopping. They are really not far from each other.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,871 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

Both soi 22 and soi 11 are equally convenient (although personally I'd prefer soi 22 because there are fewer irritating characters and scammers). However my one experience staying at Admiral Suites some years ago was in a horrible so-called "Deluxe" room which badly needed renovation and smelled of sewage. I checked out several days early even though I had prepaid for a week. Maybe they've fixed the problem by now.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

Thanks a lot!!!!! For clarifying my last doubt before zeroed into Admiral Suites. :)

6. Re: Admiral Suites vs Ambassador Hotel – LOCATION

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17