We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenagers in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Teenagers in Bangkok

We are staying in the Nana hotel next week with two 15 yr olds ....we didn't know it was in the red light district even though we`ve stayed there before (without the kids!).

Does anyone know if the kids are allowed in the downstairs part of Nana Plaza or if their allowed in Soi Cowboy at all??

If not can anyone suggest somewhere we can all go that's family friendly>

Many thanks

Vicky

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Nana Hotel? My My My booked into a short time hotel of sorts. (surprised you didnt notice first time staying there - unbelievable amount of traffic there.

I am sure you can do restaurant/bars such as Bully's but I seriously doubt hanging out in Nana/Cowboy would be such a prudent idea unless it's open air sort of place.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

I would change hotels.

As to if its prudent to have your 15yr olds hangout at red light central, you're the parents its your call.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

If you stayed there before, how on earth did you not notice it was a red light area?

The bar, golden bar right in front of the nana hotel is a girly bar but it's quite relaxed. The girls tend to sit down and chat with customers but there is no pole dancing or shouting at guys walking past or anything. And if you carry on a little up the street away from sukhumvit rd, on the same side as your hotel, there is an Irish bar hanrahans(although there is nothing Irish about it) which doesn't have working girls. I go there to watch football as they have 2 big screens. Don't know if they'll be allowed into the plaza. How old are they ? Although I don't think anyone actually stops people from entering, but I doubt they'll be allowed into gogo bars if they look underage. Nobody will stop them walking down soi cowboy, just again probably won't be allowed into the gogo bars. The most suitable street in the area if you want a night out with them is probably soi 11. Plenty of bars , restaraunts and clubs there that aren't girly or gogo bars. Gullivars on soi 5 is also popular.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Oh they're 15, forget my question about how old are they, ha ha! Well your decision!!!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,031 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Nana Hotel, apparently the original mothership :).

Can't believe you noticed nothing every time you walked along Soi 4 :) :)

As for wanting to take 15 year old children into Nana Plaza & Soi Cowboy, why would you do that ??

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

If this is for real then change hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Come on guys, when I was 15 staying there would be the best present my parents could ever have got me!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Probably my favorite bar in Bangkok is the Golden Bar right downstairs.

Wish my mom would have taken me there(the area. the bar is cool.)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,577 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

Soi Cowboy is nowhere near the Nana Hotel located on Sukhumvit Soi 4. You would have to go out of your way to bring your kids to Soi Cowboy, if you really need to show them more bars. (See map.)

http://bangkoktonite.com/maps/sukhumvit.shtml

The parking lot and coffee shop at the Nana Hotel often have working girls hanging around late at night. You can check the restaurant out during the morning and afternoon hours and decide what to do.

-

"...somewhere we can all go that's family friendly.."

Once you get out to Sukhumvit malls will have food courts or restaurants. Terminal 21 Mall has many family friendly places. (Located at Asoke Skytrain stop.) There is a little food court and McDonalds at the Robinson Mall. When you walk around you will find places you can stop at.

Not too far from the Nana Hotel is another mall on Sukhumvit Soi 2. (Where you see Villa Market on link below.) McDonalds, food court, supermarket, other restaurants, etc. Cut through the parking lot to Soi 2.

http://www.villamarket.com/gb/store

Good luck.

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Teenagers in Bangkok

How could you not know?

Too funny.