We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

On my return to Bangkok, I have a choice to fly Thai Air and land in Suvarnabhumi or fly Air Asia and land in Don Mueang. If all things are equal and getting to the city is important which do you suggest?

In addition Air Asia is really cheaper but will carry on be allowed? Or all get's check in? Will be with a backpack that could fit over the seat if there is space available. Does anyone know about Air Asia?

Well thanks for charting me through all these options and toward a amazing vacation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,153 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

There is noting in the time and price from either airport to Bangkok city.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Suvarnabhumi has the Airport Rail Link which makes it really easy to get into the city by public transport, however, I'd probably go with Air Asia as they are likely to be quite a lot cheaper. You can take carry on bags on AA if its 7kg or less and the right size (check their website for details of sizes) or you can check the bag in (all carry on bags have to go in the overhead luggage compartments).

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,309 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Both airports have meter taxis available to take you to hotels in the city 24 hours a day.

From Suvarnabhumi you also have the Airport Rail Link available 0600 to midnight. The Rail Link meets up with the Skytrain at Phayathai. Skytrain can bring you to many hotels But not everywhere! Where will your hotel be?

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

Air Asia has a weight allowance too. (From Google check.)

airasia.com/ot/…cabin-baggage.page

Where will your hotel be located? Do a forum search for transportation from Don Muang.

Same price in a meter taxi for one person or for 3 more. Taxi is door to door.

Good luck.

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

DM is closer to the city. Also airport less busy and smaller so quicker to move thru.

I would choose DM everytime.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,136 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Hi,

I would take the cheapest flight. You can reach the city from both airports by taxi or public transport.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Well now that I read the baggage requirement, I need to revised my ticket to add the extra allowance. Wonder if that's possible.

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

Go to manage booking. Can add on luggage.

8. Re: Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi to the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:17