We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Hi all,

I am staying in Bangkok for 4 nights and looking for a hotel where there are lots and lots of street food vendors at night and all the night shopping. After much research, I have nailed it down to Sukhumvit lower soi, however, I could not find which soi has most of the food/massage stalls available? Also, I would like easy access to the public transport as well (for sight seeing in the morning).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Soi 11 and Soi 38 off Sukhumvit are good for street food...

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,891 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

"...near all actions."

There are a few streetfood vendors available here and there in many places on Sukhumvit, low number end. A few not far from nightlife. (If that is what you mean by "all the actions.")

Food courts and many other restaurants in Terminal 21 Mall too.

If the price of your hotel doesn't matter look over the Amari Boulevard Hotel on Soi 5. Other places available at higher and lower room rates. Cheap breakfast at Foodland nearby.

www.amari.com/boulevard/…

Do Forum SEARCH for more street food.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 01:56
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Thanks Infidelal,

I will definitely keep looking at the forum...and yes you assumed right and I apologize for not being specific. All actions means all the night shopping, roof top bar, etc...

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Siam has better street food.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,891 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Roof top bars.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k719…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k620…

Well there is nightlife - such as beer bars, nightclubs and go-go bars and then there are some fancy roof top bars.

Take the time to read the FAQ's for help with transportation, tours, currency, etc. Do a Google search for scams to avoid in Thailand. Read up on how to use meter taxis and it will save you money!

Have fun in Bangkok.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Soi 38 street food night market is great. Jump on the skytrain and go to thong lo station

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

The Continent, located between Soi 21 & 23, near Asoke / Sukhumvit intersection has street vendors all around it day and night, also has it's own sky bar (indoors). Close to Terminal 21 shopping mall with a good food court. BTS / MRT stations nearby as well

10 minute walk to lower soi 11 for outdoor Above 11 rooftop bar.

The Marriot near Thonglor BTS on Sukhumvit is near Soi 38 which has a ton of street food places, it also has it's own sky bar.

Many great places in Thonglor to eat as well.

I'd recommend checking hotel websites for deals and promotions you won't find on many booking sites.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 11:13
Nong Thale, Thailand
Level Contributor
844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

Amari Boulevard tick the boxes for me.

9. Re: Bangkok Hotel near all actions -especially night food stalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16