We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
120 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

I think I know the answer to this, I just need some reassurance :). Our International departure is at 1:10pm (13:10) out of BKK. Would we make it if we land from Phuket at 11:30am or do we need to take the 7:25am landing at 8:50am to have enough cushion to be "safe"? Thanks for your reply.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

It depends on if you can check in your luggage already in Phuket, and therefore already clear the immigration in Phuket. If yes, then arriving 11.30 is fine.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
120 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Hi Dennis- Unfortunately, no. The domestic leg was booked separately on a different airline so we will have to re-check in at BKK :(

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Then I think 11.30 is too tight. I would fly at 7.25 in stead. Just to be safe.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Hi

In that case 2 hours is too tight. Also if the domestic flight delays you will be in big trouble. I would go with the early flight for safe side of thing.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Agreed, it's too tight if you have to collect your bags, check in again and go through immigration at BKK.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
238 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

You need to bear in mind, and I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious, that there are two airports in Bangkok with most low cost airlines operating out of Don Muang and major carriers out of Suvarnabhumi, and they are a fair distance apart.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,399 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Hi,

Are your two flights on the same airline?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
120 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the numerous responses. I agree, we will be taking the earlier flight arriving in at 8:50 to safely make our international departure. Although we are flying in and out of BKK, we will have to re-check bags and go through immigration at BKK so best to not cut it too close. I appreciate your help!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

Stacy,

Which airlines are you flying?

You're definitely right not to take the later flight with the two hour layover. The earlier flight should be okay, but remember that with separate tickets you are carrying ALL the risk of missing your international onward flight. Miss it (including check in/bag drop) for ANY reason and you risk having that ticket canceled as a no show and having to buy a new ticket at the walk up fare. For that reason I'd fly to Bangkok the day before.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-c207311/Newton…

10. Re: Flight Timing- Domestic to Int

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16