We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

Hi

I arrive in Bangkok on New Years Day 2015...I want to spend 1 possibly 2 nights in Bangkok before taking an internal flight to one of the islands.

My question is can anyone reccomend a good hotel in Bangkok? I would like it to be fairly central, decent quality and in a nice area?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,610 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293916-Bangkok-Hot…

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

I liked the Ibis Waterside (Or was it Waterfront?) Hotel, directly at the river, 10 minutes walk to the Express Boat and to the skytrain station

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

If price is no object I would suggest the Manadarin Oriental Riverside or the Siam Kempinski Siam Square area (if you like shopping) J W Marriott Sukhumvit Soi 2 or Landmark Hotel Sukhumvit if you want to be close to lots of restaurants bars street food and transport links.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,693 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

Sala Arun offers some lovely views of the river and Wat Arun. See link if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,191 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

"....I want to spend 1 possibly 2 nights in Bangkok before taking an internal flight to one of the islands."

Bangkok is cheaper than many beach areas. Excellent city transportation. Lots of things to do.

"My question is can anyone reccomend a good hotel in Bangkok? I would like it to be fairly central, decent quality and in a nice area?"

You should include a price range. No one knows what your budget is. Hotels with air conditioning and private toilet from 700 baht to 7000 baht per night. If the cost of the room doesn't matter - Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21. Located next to a modern mall and convenient for Skytrain and subway. Subway connects with Airport Rail Link for transportation to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Up to you.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

hi i stayed in the Rembrandt with my wife in march we have booked for next year

highly recommend

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

Siam Heritage is a pearl almost next to Patpong. Lovely hotel with a smallish jungle and swimming pool on the top floor. Rooms are nice but the view might be to the next wall, note on your request.

Surawong street has plenty of services of all kind, between Surawong and Silom are a lot of restaurants and Silom has a lot of street shopping (better than Patpong). Very lively area but does not disturbe hotel at all.

Closest bts is on Silom.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

Nice area Riverside try finding one of the many classy hotels close to Sathon Taksin BTS and boat pier. Shangri La or Chatrium Riverside, Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental, Millennium Hilton. Those not close to the BTS should provide free shuttle rides

9. Re: 1 maybe 2 nights in Bangkok...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16