We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

st helens
Level Contributor
494 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Hi what's the best way to do this? I assume a taxi but are there any means of public transport to get there and a rough cost. Thanks

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Hi,

As you suggest a taxi is the best way. Expect to pay about 200 baht.

st helens
Level Contributor
494 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Thank You

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

It really depends on the time of day to get there, it is a long way out in west bkk . You can spend upwards of an hour or more getting out there from the inner city during the day. I think that 300 baht is a little more realistic for the estimated fare, You could also take the BTS to Bang Wah and then taxi the last section for around 180 baht. bts.co.th/customer/…02-route-current_new.aspx

Aircon buses 511 & 79 will get you there from outside Central World. Or aircon buses, 515 from Victory or the 556 from the Makkasan ARL station. All will cost around 24-26 baht

However, can you explain where you are coming from and destination as there may be a better alternative. eg. if you arriving in BKK on a train it would be better to alight at Bang Sue station and taxi from there (closer and an easier trip)

st helens
Level Contributor
494 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Hi we will be coming from Ayutthaya. Our original plan was to get the train but some of our plans have changed and the times and length of the train trip no longer suits us. I have enquired about a taxi which is 2000 the for 4 of us which I think is very reasonable but I also like to cover all options. Can I also ask if we do take the taxi option which area of the station should I ask to be met at. Thanks for your input.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

2,000 baht for transport from Hualamphong to the Southern Bus Station is way OTT!

Even the crooked taxi touts at Hualamphong won't try and rip you off for more than half of that.

I got a taxi from the Southern Bus Station to a guesthouse on Rama IV [close to Hualamphong] last year. I insisted on the meter, and it cost less than 250 baht.

st helens
Level Contributor
494 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Sorry should have said we are travelling to Hua Hin. My head is going round in circles with all this reasearch!! Sorry

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Many trains from Ayutthaya to Hualamphong will have started their journey much further north, and by the time they reach Ayutthaya will be well behind schedule (2 hours?).

They will be full too, so you'll be stood up for the 2-3 hour trip. All part of the Thailand experience and good fun, but if you've got another 3 hours in a taxi to look forward to, then you might not fancy it.

Why not try and arrange transport all the way from Ayutthaya to Hua Hin?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Welcome back Lancaster Lad.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Cheers Andy. I've been sitting in the TA Sin Bin for a few months!

Had 5 weeks in Nepal earlier in the year, and off to Bali and Java for a month in 21 more sleeps.

Sorry for going O/T!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hua Lamphong to Southern bus terminal

Hi,

Good idea, pay a little more and get a transfer all the way and avoid spending time in Bangkok.