We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

My husband and I will be staying one night in Bangkok at the beginning of our trip then one night at the end of our trip and are looking for suggestions of a hotel, hostel, or BB. Something that is central, easy to walk to transportation, food, nightlife, attractions, etc. After reading TA I think I have narrowed it down to Banglamphu/Khao Sans Road area one night and Sukhumvhit the other night. Any recommendations of names of places in these areas?

Also, is transportation to DMK and BKK easy or is it best to find a hotel with airport shuttles?

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

What sort of budget do you have in mind?

Hotel airport shuttles are usualy a lot more expensive than ordinary taxis.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 18:35
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

sorry forgot to add that part in, would love to stay under $40 a night. Okay thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d5877…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d3506…

Above 2 properties should come in on or about your budget both good properties in good locations

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Nasa Vegas hotel, connected to Ramkhamheang Airport link station by a new foot bridge, plenty of restaurants within new Mall at the station. Good for onward connections and the Klong (canal) boat/ferry is nearby at (under) Klongtan bridge for a cheap and interesting trip up town or in the opposite direction to Bangkapi Mall (pier) for great shopping and nearby markets.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

I forgot to add the klong boat stops at Asoke bridge with the nearby terminal 21 shopping Mall and the Bangkok MRT (subway train), Nana bridge for Sukhumvit Nightlife and pratunam for shopping. Personally I would recommend the Mall Bangkapi for shopping and value. The boat doesn't run at night but Nasa Vegas hotel is easily and cheaply accessed by Taxi.

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16