We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

landmark v imperial queens park

liverpool,england
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
landmark v imperial queens park

Hi have choice through travel agent of staying at either the landmark or imperial queens park , wondered which would be considered the better of the two, advice much appreciated.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

IMO and only MO the Landmark would be better for location as it is almost on top of a BTS station (NANA) and is a good hotel with good reports and facilities.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

i second the vote for the landmark. Its smack in the middle of town and on the main road. Queens park is deep in soi 22 and u'd have to walk out of the soi so Landmark seems a better idea.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

The Queen's Park is a very acceptable choice, and if it is substantially cheaper, I would choose it. Assuming the prices are relatively equal, I would choose the Landmark purely for convenience.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

Hi,

IMO again I'd choose the Landmark stayed here twice great location.

Julie

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

Landmark marginally better location, IPQ marginally swisher.

california
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

Landmark is a 2 minute walk to Nana Plaza. The hotel is nice and clean but I thought the rooms were small for the price. If you're going to be paying that much dough I'd think you'd be better off staying at the Sheraton which is as nice or nicer than the Landmark. Also, the Majestic Grande Hotel is supposed to be very nice and only around $78 US.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

OK I'll add my comment on Landmark and Majestic Grande.

Majestic Grande every time.

Little bit further to BTS but just inside Soi 2 so away from the Sukhumvit Traffic noise.

Stoke on Trent...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

Likely to be too late but Imperial Queens for me - but only if for a shorter stay....Bangkok full stop is manic!

Main reason for recommendation is due to a stay there myself but make sure you upgrade to a suite...extra $80US (£35 ish) for 2 nights but so well worth it!!!!

Yes the Landmark is better placed but Bangkok is so huge that at some time you will have to travel distance and you will definately be caught in a lot of traffic most of the time....

9. Re: landmark v imperial queens park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:28