We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northwest Airlines to BKK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
583 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Northwest Airlines to BKK

Good Morning. Anyone fly Northwest Airlines from the USA to BKK. The flight I am on uses a 747, and I have heard some horror stories about NW and its old 747. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks much.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northwest Airlines to BKK

Done it many times on NW. It is not up to the Asian airlines, but if the price is right go for it. My experience has been the airplane really is not that big a deal on the long flight. The newer planes may have more toys to play with, but it is still a 10-12 hour flight just to get to Tokyo. The toys keeo me amused for an hour or less. The service on NW is not bad on the Tokyo-BKK sector.

World Traveler
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northwest Airlines to BKK

The flight from the US to your connection in Tokyo is a 747 - and many of them are quite old - thin worn out seats and no private screen. Flight attendants are about as old as they can get... service, if you're flying out of the hubs, tends to be non-existent.

Between Tokyo and BKK, they're flying the newer airbuses and they have private screens and more comfortable seats - in my opinion. Service is much better as well.

Long flights regardless of who you fly, though. Take some sonata and get some sleep on the flights....

3. Re: Northwest Airlines to BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 16:19