We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Bars

York UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Bars

Is it right that all bars and clubs in Bangkok have to close at 1pm by law ? We arrive in Bangkok from Hong Kong about midnight and wondered if we'll be able to get a drink and a meal at that time ?

York UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Bars

Sorry, I mean 1 am and not 1 pm

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Bars

That's the law - however some places just "officially" close. I've drank til 4 in the morning at some establishments.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Bars

By the time you get downtown, most bars and restaurants will be closed. If you are staying at a nicer hotel then you should be able to arrange a meal through room service. As far as finding a drink, every hotel bar I have seen is closing by 1am. I suspect you will have a hard time finding a place to go out for a drink. Depending on where you stay you may still find some street food vendors open.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Bars

Arriving at midnight you will not get to your hotel till about 1:30 - 2.

There are many options least is room service in your Hotel just check with reception.

Other are the street trollys along Sukhumvit and other areas that seem to close when the last customer goes home so food and drink are available.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Bars

If you are staying in the Sukhumvit area, then you don't need to worry, all along the street on sukhumvit between Soi 5 and Soi 15 there are a lot of small portable bar's with tables and chairs in front of them, so there is a lot to chose from, and they are open till about 4-5 o clock.

Cheers

6. Re: Bangkok Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 08:17