We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

replacing dental fillings in BKK?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
replacing dental fillings in BKK?

Hi, everyone! Thanks to all for all the great tips about all manner of things -- I feel much more confident about my first trip to Asia because of all the good information around here. I hope I will be able to provide some good info upon our return!!

I have another question, this time about dental treatment. I've seen several folks recommend various dentists or dental clinics in BKK, especially Silom Dental and Bangkok Smiles. Much of folks' reported experience is with the tooth whitening procedures, but I thought I'd see if anyone had experience with replacement fillings?

I'm thinking of getting some of my (very old) silver amalgam fillings replaced with tooth-colored composite fillings. The prices quoted by both Silom and Bangkok Smiles are very reasonable. But I have also had some folks on an orthodontics-related board (I'm getting my braces off right before heading to Thailand -- hooray!) tell me that they have had friends or dental patients who have had bad experiences with dental work in Thailand -- replacement fillings that then had to be redone in less than a year because of poor-quality work.

Does anyone have experiences with filling replacements that they would like to share? Good/bad/ugly/fabulous? Any particular clinic you'd recommend?

As always, any advice will be very, very appreciated, and I will strive to "pay forward" the kindness on these boards....

Thanks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: replacing dental fillings in BKK?

I'm also interested in this. I recieved a quote from noth clinics you mentioned and the price (two fillings and scaling/polishing) was very attractive at around $100-$125 New Zealand.

2. Re: replacing dental fillings in BKK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 12:16