We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

New York
Level Contributor
320 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

Hello,

So i like to keep my hair pretty short and dont usually like to go more than 3 days without a haircut(i go completely bald). Was thinking of bringing my clippers from home(USA) but it seems like it would be difficult to get them to work in Asia due to the voltage differences.

So, im thinking the easier option would be either to buy a cheap pair to get me buy when i get to thailand or just pop into a barber shop one day for a quick cut.

I cant imagine it would be hard to find a pair of clippers or find a barber, but wanted to check with the forum. I'm staying at the Peninsula. Any place to either get a cut or buy clippers near there? If not, anywhere in Bangkok. Thanks.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,508 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and...
1,218 Reviews
from US$69.40*
Free Cancellation
Bangkok by Night: Temples, Markets...
399 Reviews
from US$61.50*
Free Cancellation
Bangkok Dinner Cruise on the Chao...
568 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Free Cancellation
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
339 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

I go to a regular Thai barber in Bangkok and pay less than $3 for a haircut.

I live the other side of town so don't know your area, but there are a lot of offices near your hotel so I imagine there would be a number of barbers, maybe ask at the hotel for a local barber.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

Get it done by a local. They do a good job and it's not expensive.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

If you want to buy, the closest place I would try is the Robinson department store across the river close to Saphan Taksin BTS train station. Continuing with the train to Siam puts you in the middle of several huge malls that also have places selling electric appliances.

In Peninsula you are in a more local area on the west side of the river. I have visited many basic barbershops in Bangkok and the standard price for a haircut seems to be 70 bahts across town. My wife likes me to go bald. The local shop where I go may start with clippers if I have postponed the visit for too long, but the lady will finish the job by taking a fresh razor blade and giving me a dry shave. She has never drawn any blood.

Mentioned in this post
The Siam
The Siam
747 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,647 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

If I were you I certainly wouldn't be fussing with doing your own hair as there are hair salons all over the place in Bangkok. Just a thought however, hopefully you'll be bringing a hat with you. Getting about in the tropical sun without any hair on your head is a recipe for sun stroke, so do take care.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

One of the cheapest places in Bangkok is up at Thonburi. I got a hair cut for 40 Baht. (or some like to call it bahts)

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
6. Re: Easy to buy hair clippers or get a quick haircut in bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2016, 06:18