We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok bars

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok bars

HI all,

I'm staying in Bangkok for 4 nights with my wife in February. Can anybody suggest an area,besides Patpong,where there are a few decent bars/restaurants situated within walking distance of each other for a good old fashioned pub crawl ?

Thanks

Mark

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok bars

Sukhumvit Rd soi 4-8, Soi22, Soi33 - BTS Nana. Essentially the majority of the streets running off Sukhumvit Rd.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok bars

Soi Cowboy is my choice, but there really is no bad choice.

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok bars

Hi Mark,

I agree with the previous posts but would also suggest Suan Lum night bazaar where there's a large beer garden like a food hall with entertainment and market stalls and "proper " restaurants as well.

In the beer garden everything is paid for with pre-purchased coupons and is VERY cheap e.g. Large Chang beer Patpong = 140 baht

Suan Lum beer garden = 50 baht.

Harry

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok bars

Thanks for the advice guys.

Harry,where about is the Suan Lum night bazaar and is it open every night as we are only there Mon-Thur ?

Thanks again

Mark

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok bars

Soi 22 - good eats, nice small bars all in close proximity - good hotels and BTS nearby.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok bars

Walk up sukhumvit from soi 23 going toward the Emporium but on the other side of the road to it.Stop when you get to the Robin Hood then go in there, then go down the soi at the side of the Robin Hood to the Bulls Head, Then bactrack to Sukhumvit and walk back toward soi 23 and call in the Londoner on the way and the Dubliner on the other side of Sukhumvit . If you sish then head down soi 23 to soi cowboy, or cross Asoke and call in the Black Wsan underneath Asoke Skytrain station. After that walk down Sukhumvit to the soi going down the side of the Ambassador Hotel , soi 11 I think, and 100 yards down there in the first little soi on the left is cheap charlies and after that in the soi is the Picled LIver. If still thirsty head off toward Nana stopping off at the HUntsman underneath the Landmark hotel.

That should do the job!

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok bars

Mark,

Suan Lum is near Lumphini Park with entrances on Wireless Road and Rama 4 Road.Any taxi driver will get you there,there's no direct link by Skytrain but there's an underground station very near.

Yes it's open every day but rumour has it that it will close in April this year so grab the chance.

This web site should wet your appetite(literally)

www.virtualtourist.com search for Suan Lum and you'll find pics etc.

Cheers Harry

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok bars

Thanks for everything folks,

Andy it seems like you have done a crawl around this area before !!! What kind of distance are we talking between say soi 23 and soi 11 ? All this is making me thirsty ,can't wait !

Mark

9. Re: Bangkok bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:15