We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Hi All,

I'm going to Thailand for 7 days in January and I would like to know if my current plan is feasible.

2nd- Arrive in Bangkok at night

3rd- Bangkok

4th- Bangkok

5th- Khao sok national park or Koh Phangan

6th- Phuket

7th- Phuket

8th- Phuket, Back home (10pm flight).

I cannot change the flight so I need to arrive in Phuket on the 8th. If I had more time, I would love to say in Bangkok and Phuket for couple of more days :(

Please let me know if this plan is ideal.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,726 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Feasible - yes of course, why not

Ideal- that is a matter of opinion. It can be easily done. Most folk would maybe want longer for their holiday in Thailand especially if they were flying in for 12 hours from Melbourne.

Mentioned in this post
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

I would think that Melbourne would not be 12 hour flight.

As Sydney is just over 9 hours, Have been on a flight with a tail wind and it was about 8.5 hours BKK to SYD

Also it was 60% full

All I can say is lucky you.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,726 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Yes John you are correct, more like 10 from MEL normally headwind going NW. I was thinking of my last flight from AKL which was nearer 12.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,583 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Realisticly, you will loss most of your 5th / 6th day getting from Bangkok to Khao Sok or Phangan. For both of them you could fly to Surat Thani and then get road transport to Khao Sok or bus / ferry to Phangan. THen you have to get from either to Phuket. Fomr Khao Sok you can only do this by road - several hours! WHilst from Phangan its ferry to Samui and then fly to Phuket or ferry to the mainland and then road down to Phuket - its going to take most of day 5 to get there and then most of day 6 to head to Phuket - plus the cost of doing the transfers!

Personally I would forget Khao Sok or Phangan and just get a cheap flight from Bangkok to Phuket to maximise your time!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

7 Days is more than sufficient, but don't forget to check out Northern Thailand such as Chiang Mai. I personally think you are spending too much time in Phuket, I suggest you take a ferry to Koh Phi Phi and check out the beautiful islands, such as Monkey Beach, Maya Bay, Bamboo Island and more. I did a one hour long special recently on Thailand, which features Krabi Town, Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Phi Phi with lots of good backpacking and money saving advice. Check it out before you plan this trip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3BlnJyYDUc

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Maya Bay
Maya Bay
8,290 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Bamboo Island
Bamboo Island
2,943 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

With 7 days I personally would stick to 2 destinations.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

You need at minimum 2 nights in Khao Sok to do the lake tour (the lake is an hour away from Khao Sok national park where most of the accommodation is). It takes a good part of the day to get to Khao Sok (hour flight to Surat Thani and a 2-3 hour bus or taxi to Khao Sok national park, additional hour to the lake) and getting to Phuket afterwards is another 2-3 hour drive. That would also only leave you with one day in BKK. I would recommend leaving out Khao Sok and flying directly to Phuket instead.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

Somewhat tight. You could wear yourself out and have no fun.

Bangkok 2 days fine but to get to Koh Panyang you need to fly to Samui and then boat it. Suggest one night Bangkok, two nights Samui and more and if you really want to 2 nights in Phuket but only if you are flying. Just take it slowly and come back many times as there is so much to see and do effortlessly.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
9. Re: 7 days in Thailand. Is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2017, 05:16