We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Hi,

My partner and will be marrying in Thailand so want somewhere special to stay for our last night in Bangkok before we fly back. We will be staying at the Amara when we first land.

I have previously posted aking for recommendations near the river and was set on the Chatrium, but my partner wasn't very taken with it. To be fair the pictures of the Chatrium and it's views do not look amazing (IMO) although everyone highly recommends it for the river views.

I've been looking at the Indigo Wireless as love the way it looks over Lumpini park and has the sky scraper - reminds me of NYC and Central Park. I've also been looking at the Chakrabongse Villas as it's something different to the Amara - but any other suggestions would be brilliant.

Just finding it overwhelming as everywhere looks amazing and with it being our last night I want somewhere that's going to wow us. Also, we want 5* and have a budget of around £120 - location isn't a massive factor (although not too far from transport links) as we will have done most of touristy stuff in first three days.

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Amara Bangkok
Amara Bangkok
1,516 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Lumpini Park
Lumpini Park
6,624 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chakrabongse Villas
Chakrabongse Villas
154 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Twelve Hotel
The Twelve Hotel
#6 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
#8 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
Lancaster Bangkok
Lancaster Bangkok
#13 of 925 hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Indigo doesn't overlook Lumpini. May be from the top floor and from a special location you can catch a glimpse in the distance.

Indigo is not a special hotel, they cater a lot to bus groups. It is quirky and unusual. Special is Chakrabongse Villas. By the river look at Mandarin Oriental.

Mentioned in this post
Lumpini Park
Lumpini Park
6,624 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chakrabongse Villas
Chakrabongse Villas
154 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
668 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Haven't stayed there but the Indigo has an interesting architecture looking from outside. No a very tall building though. For great views from higher floors, check the Fraser Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 11, which also has a great rooftop restaurant.

For something real special (but beyond your budget) you could have a look at the lower level suites of the Sheraton on Sukhumvit.

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,869 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Suggest you take a look at the Peninsula Hotel which is directly on the river and close to the sky train.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

We are at the chatrium riverside hotel now and I would highly recommend. We requested a high floor and I paid for river view room with breakfast and nothing has disappointed. We've got a king size bed, little kitchen and bathroom with sunken bath and walk in shower...even bath robes, slippers, welcome fruit, welcome drinks, complimentary water and great WiFi included....there is a hotel boat to take you to the pier with bts train / subway so easy to get to everything. We aren't on honeymoon but I'd be very happy with this hotel if we were. Congratulations on your wedding!!!

Level Contributor
5,866 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

I've stayed at the Lebua Towers before, with an amazing river front facing suite, and was probably one of the nicest views I've had in Bangkok.

The rooms were also amazing, with balconies overlooking the city.

Mentioned in this post
lebua at State Tower
lebua at State Tower
7,897 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

May I suggest a club room a the Shangri-La. These rooms are on the higher floors and have great views of the river. You also have access to the club for complementary cocktails and snacks. The hotel is close to the SkyTrain and the River boats for easy access to the Royal Palace

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Thanks so much everyone...I have booked the Chakrabongse Villas which has free cancellation, should we find something we like better we have the option to change. Will take a look at your suggestions.

@ Laura B, will let my partner know! Xx

Mentioned in this post
Chakrabongse Villas
Chakrabongse Villas
154 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
8. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2017, 05:16