We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekday Markets

Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
90 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Weekday Markets

Unfortunately, our upcoming trip won't fall on a weekend. Are there any street food markets on weekdays in and around the area? We are staying in Nimman area. Thanks!

15 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekday Markets

There are markets all over Chiang Mai.

I would go over to Warorot market,

Personally not a fan on the area you are staying.

Chok Dee

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
931 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekday Markets

Next to Maya I believe there is one. I do not know which days.

Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
90 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekday Markets

Hi Chok! What's the issue with Nimman? I just got a cheap hotel as compared to the hotels in the old city :D

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekday Markets

Some people love it.Price might be part of it

IMO the best places are around the old city and night bazaar as you can do things in the evening. Such as night markets and it can be a short walk or Tuk Tuk ride.

Chok Dee

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,890 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekday Markets

There's nothing wrong with Nimman, it's a very popular area, particular with visitors staying for a few months. It's trendy with lots of coffee shops, bars, boutiques etc and also popular with Chinese tourists. Many expats hate it with a passion, I think it's fine but I don't go there often.

The food court in the basement of Maya mall might be worth checking out too.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekday Markets

On the North side of the moat, there are food vendors every evening. On the junction with Suthep road and Sirimanklanajarn, there is an evening food market on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. As Itazura mentions, there is a food market outside Maya in the evenings - it's always there at the weekend, but I'm not certain about weekdays.Lots of food vendors dotted along Suthep road, too. They start from just further on from the Government offices (near to the moat), and run all the way up to the university at various spots. The evening food market outside Kad Suan Kaew is always busy, again though, I'm not sure which evenings, but I'm sure it includes some weekdays. Hope this helps you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekday Markets

Also there is a very local food market on the south moat (opposite where wualai rd meets the south moat)

As you are in Nimman there are several places close by including the food court in the basement of Kadsuan Kaew shopping centre.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
931 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekday Markets

Right, in the morning especially, inside the Chiang Mai (south) gate, there's a food market.

Manila, Manila...
Level Contributor
90 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekday Markets

We actually have a sort of rushed triped to chiang mai. only 2 full days. Thank you for all the info! Advanced merry christmas to all of you

Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekday Markets

Hihi,

Am staying near Le Meridien area. Just went to chk out the sunday walking street tonight but barely had time to shop as most stalls close at 11pm. I managed to reach there only by 10pm cos my flight was delayed.

Other than ansarn night market near my hotel where else can i go for weekday night market. Really like those stall in sunday mkt...

Thank you all in advance....

Reply to: Weekday Markets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted