We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Which is the best cooking school in Chiang Mai? Apparently the Kanchana is no longer operating. We are looking for authentic food and not overpriced. There seems to be a large choice.

CA
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Thai cooking farm school. do u come a lone or with friends. i heard they have special discount if you come in a pair. normal rate is 1,200 bht. if u come in a pair u pay same price 1,200 too.

Manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

There is a cooking school where you get to pick you own organic veg, not sure what its called and is the best one up there. It costs arounf 1000-1200baht. Most agencies have the information on it and it can be booked the evening before. i didnt get to do it as I had food poisoning :((

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Hi - My Daughter and I went to the Thai Farm cooking school. We had a great day - Is it out of town and they came picked us up in the morning, we went to a market for ingredients on the way and then had a great ride into the country. From memory it was about 1200 baht, and we booked it through our accommodation. Have a great time.

Aileen

CA
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

yes, the cooking course at Thai Farm is fantastic.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Last month, I went to Smart Cook cooking school. 800 baht.

It was great - a lot of fun! You're picked up at the hotel. Tea is served for the meet-n-greet. Everyone walks to the produce market where you're introduced to seasonings, roots, veggies, spices, pastes. We cooked five dishes, and ate until we were ready to burst. They did a great job!!

Since returning home, I've been cooking Thai dishes for friends and family. Easter dinner included Tom Kha Kai and a Thai veggie dish - along with the ham, scalloped potatoes, and green beans. And no one died from eating red chilis(!).

I hope you have a great trip!

CA
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

by the way if you have a coupon book in hand. not sure what is it call but remember the website www.thailandcoupon.com. you pay 1,200 bth for 2 persons. save 50%

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

thanks everyone for your suggestions. Looking forward to doing at least one of the schools. I have my five year old with us, he loves food, do you think the Thai Farm Cooking School has room for him to play or roam?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

I have done cooking classes with both A Lot of Thai and The Best Thai Cookery School... both were great, although I found A Lot of Thai was smaller, more intimate and more focused on cooking.. the guy that runs The Best Thai Cookery School is a hoot though.. lots of fun!

Both highly recommended .. A Lot of Thai would be better for a 5 yo to be there... as they have a child about that age.

Reet

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

It's a choice between A lot of Thai or Thai Farm Cooking School. Would like smallest group, hands on, interested more in cooking, child friendly. Sounds as though A lot of Thai fits description?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best cooking school Chiang Mai

Did A lot of Thai with our family. Our kids 15, 13 & 10 loved the whole experience. Highly recommended !!!