We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!!!!Centara Duangtawan or Royal Princess

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!!!!!Centara Duangtawan or Royal Princess

Need someone to help me I am in the middle of booking my holiday to Chiang Mai. And I can not decide to stay at the Centara Duangtawan or the Royal Princess. Has anyone stayed at these hotels?? If so what do you recommend. At the Centara we are in a superior room with breakfast included and at the Princess we will be in a Deluxe room which would be better value for money???

Thanks

Canberra ACT
Level Contributor
232 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: HELP!!!!!!Centara Duangtawan or Royal Princess

Hi Lisa

We stayed at the Centara last trip and were happy with the hotel. We do a fair bit of travel. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The pool is also good. Hotel staff generally helpful in a busy hotel. Overall good value for what you pay. The biggest plus for the hotel is the location- basically right in the middle of town and next to the night market and the restaurants and shops. We would stay there again. We haven't stayed at the Royal Princess so can't comment on that one.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: HELP!!!!!!Centara Duangtawan or Royal Princess

Have just returned from 3 weeks in thailand, our 5th trip. We have always used the royal princess and been happy (room only, no breakfast), but this time it just seemed too expensive for us. Stayed in the Centara (with breakfast) and will now abandon the princess next time and go straight to the centara. We booked a standard room with breakfast on agoda (be careful, they have choices with and without breakfast). On checking in we asked if we could have a room on a high floor overlooking the mountain, as recommended on this forum, and were upgraded to a deluxe room on floor 12 with great views of the mountain at no charge. (On previous vists to the princess, we have also been upgraded without even asking). Next time we might pay a little more and book a deluxe room just to be sure we get this view. Also considered chiang mai plaza, but when we tried to visit it, we found you needed to cross a very busy road- we waited for ages to cross this but in the end gave up and decided we didn't want to stay there and face the road traffic on every walk out. Also considered Imperial Mae Ping and went to see it. Lobby and pool area looked great, in fact pool area was much better than centara, although from centara pool you get a perfect view of the sunset over the mountain every evening about 6pm. didn't view a room at the Mae Ping but reviews here are mixed. Book the Centara! We stayed 5 nights and would have happily stayed longer. Breakfast is great, although next time i will bring my own tea bags to breakfast and ask for hot water (but that's just personal taste). they also run a free shuttle (along with all other major hotels) to Northern Village/Airport Plaza- shopping centre but fun. Northern Village is hill tribe craft items, sold for much much cheaper than the night market.

13. Re: HELP!!!!!!Centara Duangtawan or Royal Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 06:22