We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

We're heading off to CM to coincide with Loy Krathong later this year and looking for a nice Guesthouse, preferrable with a swimming pool but not absolutely necessary.

Have seen the Tha Phae Gate Garden GH which seems to be in a good location with a swimming pool.

Has anyone stayed there??? or can recommend something else.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Hi B&J

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Budget is flexable. We just like the feel of a guesthouse for meeting fellow travellers.

We plan on chilling in CM for 2 weeks while taking in the festivities of Loy Krathongbefore heading off to Laos.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

try on this link with good deal ido24.com/chiangmaitotravel.com/chiangmai/ch…

we 're going to chiang mai for loy kathong so. we heard about it can't wait to be there.we will stay at imm eco hotel. 590/night

Has anyone stayed there to please give us a review.

ThX

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,558 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Node

There's a couple of references to the place you mentioned in the Chiang Mai forum I think.

I happened to walk past it this morning. Its set in leafy surroundings, although still on a main road. Its a bit of a hike from there to the main areas of town

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Hi BobnJanette, I haven't stayed there, but I stayed next door at Studio 99 for a week last year and passed it every day. It is in a good spot, nice and quiet, but close to Tha Phae, night market etc. The only thing I'd say, is that the pool is quite small and doesn't get any sun if that's a issue for you. I didn't see the rooms so can't comment, in the next soi, soi 2 I guess, there is another place that looks nice with a better pool, but sorry I can't remember the name.

cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Many thanks Paul. I'll keep looking around.

AnY thoughts on Chiang Mai Thai House ???

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

hi again... no, sorry I don't have any info on that place, but I had a look at the Nancy Chandler map and the soi 2 place I was thinking of was the Thana I'm pretty sure. I ate there and it was good, also saw the pool which looked bigger than the Tha Phae Gardens.

cheers

Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

We made reservations at the Thai House at the time you are planning to stay there. We decided on this place based on all the reviews we read and on its location and price. So we are also very interested in this exchange. We'll be there Oct. 31 to Nov. 7. Hopefully we'll see you there. Kris and John.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

Maybe the Montri Hotel will do. Right across from Thapae Gate. Close to internet shops, restaurants, travel agencies for tours, Seven Eleven stores. You can walk to the Night Market. I used this place 3 or 4 times. Various priced rooms - all with air.

www.hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/montri/

chiangmai1.com/chiang_mai/guesthouses_in_chi…

Good luck.

scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Chiang Mai Guesthouse.

have stayed here several times. Have nice ground floor rooms with small garden. Good pool.

Just 2 mins from Thae Pae Gate and 10 min stroll to Night Market, Anusan Market etc.

7/11 on corner. Quiet at night.