We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

I am willing to spend a great day with elephants, treat them well, feed them, riding them, feeling them , washing them, etc.

I have been searching and Patara looks REALLY Nice (of course wonderful photopgrapher, and i dont want to be fooled with those images)

Does it really worth of paying double and go to Patara?

or the elephant nature Park, offers the same as Patara (One Elephant per person, rides, time to be alone with the animal, etc)?

Which is the big difference between the parks?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,261 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

Have you seen the TOP Question (see top right of the page) called ' which elephant camp?' This is a summary of the elephant camps with recent comments included from forum members. It might give you more information to make your decision.

Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

Hi, we spent the day at the Elephant Nature Park and loved it. However, I would just like to point out that the elephants here are rescued and many have been mistreated. For this reason there is no Elephant riding here.

Instead you will get to feed and bathe them and interact in other ways. Having seen footage of tthe treatment that most elephants go through in order to be trained for riding then I would say that it is better to go somewhere where you do not actually ride the elephants.

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

Hi Just got back from Chiang Mai and my daughter and I did Patara..we had the most beautiful memorable day out. You will love it here the pictures you see is exactly what you get. It was a full day (but goes too fast). The trainers are wonderful and the elephants are absolutely beautiful creatures so friendly and sometimes very cheeky. From feeding them to brushing them swimming with them and bare back riding it is an experience you will never forget and talk about for years. Also included in the price is a dvd full of photos and videos of your day so you have something to remember you trip with these wonderful gentle giants. Also the lunch provided was a wonderful picnic lunch on the rocks near to the elephants. I highly recommend Patara it is well worth every cent.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

I spent a day at Patara two weeks ago and it was the most memorable day ever.

Prior to booking it was a toss up between here and ENP, but after reading the Patara reviews we decided to opt for that.

Everything everyone says about Patara is true. I won't repeat them here just direct you to the 'Things to Do' section. Patara is number one in the list of things to do in C.M and worthy of that position

Level Contributor
74 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

Hi, we are just back from chiang mai and went to the TECC as couldnt get booked at patara, however it was fabulous and well worth it, there are four of us (kids aged 7 & 11) each had their own elephant for the day and a mahout, we just walked around the jungle with them learning commands and then up to the actual park for the nursery /hospital area, ....

it really was a lovely day and at then end we were presented with the mahout certificate which the girls loved.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

I went to the Friends of the Asian Elephant on the way to Lampang.

I believe in helping the organisations that need help, not like some of the commercial organistions.

Maybe a few people ought to look at this site.

At least i went there to see what does happen to these Elephants, plus we did support them while there.

7. Re: Patara Elephant Park Vs. Elephant Nature Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 06:19