We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great haircut in CM!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
great haircut in CM!

Hi all but especially to Caroline as I knew you commented about looking for a good hair salon in CM.

Sue from Brisbane found a great haircut place & I got my haircut there also & was extremely pleased & would highly recommend it. It was called Absolute Hair- our stylist was Krin, his day off is Monday. The location is 29/3 Huay Kaew Rd. Their website is www.absolutehairstudio.com. The phone is 05389-4492.

It was in what I would call a shi-shi salon- very nice & upscale- definitely a designer salon. You can get your hair cut for a LOT cheaper but I don't know how good they are. This place is used to farangs & knows how to cut westerners hair!

I paid 350B (plus I gave a tip) for a designer cut, wash & blow dry. Honestly it was one of the best haircuts I have had in my life. I wish I could have him with me now that I am home! He cut my hair in like 10 minutes & I was so afraid it wouldn't come out well but he did an outstanding job- he knows what he is doing. The lady who washed my hair washed it twice for like 10 minutes each time plus but conditioner in it- no extra charge. She also gave me a short shoulder & head massage. She blow dried my hair & did a superb job. I wish I had here here with me also.

BTW Appointments are necessary here.

Thanks Caroline for all the help you gave us in planning our CM portion of our 6 week trip- we loved it!

BTW I have no ownership or any affiliation at all in this shop.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great haircut in CM!

Diane that is great news.

I'll be due for a cut - so will make sure I get there.

So glad to hear the trip went well for you.

Caroline.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great haircut in CM!

Caroline:

Will you have your haircut by the time I meet you in Chiang Rai? Then I can do a post and let everyone know if the stylist did a good job!

Geez, I'd pay 350 baht just to have shampoo for 10 minutes with the shoulde rand head massage!

Broder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great haircut in CM!

It's a high priority on the list of 'to dos' possibly right under the daily massages!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: great haircut in CM!

Ok ladies let me know what you think of it when you go.

For me she did such a great job of washing my hair & the shoulder massage I would have been happy with that! I have never had anyone wash my hair as well as she did. Can I get her to come home with me???????

Chiang Mai
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: great haircut in CM!

I just got a pretty nice haircut at Lamaneela Hairdressing. The small, cute salon just opened a while ago and is run by Nong a former top stylist at Toni & Guy Bangkok. If you want something new and a perfectly speaking english stylist, just give it a try. You can find more information here: http://www.lamaneela.com

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: great haircut in CM!

So - this afternoon I got a text from my sister in law - they were all at Absolute getting the full treatment. How jealous was I?

They said the staff were just lovely and they were very happy.

Another set of happy customers.

Caroline.

Chiang Mai
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: great haircut in CM!

Glad to hear that they all enjoyed my fave hairdressing salon in CM Caroline..... BTW....Absolute has now opened a fantastic skin care shop. It's called Absolute Skin...it's in a location not too far from the Absolute Hair Shop near Central...you might want to give that a try when you're trying out the hair studio? Marie (nannyre)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: great haircut in CM!

Okay, I think this one just went on my "to do" list for my next trip to Chiang Mai.

Thanks ladies,

Broder

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: great haircut in CM!

I got a great haircut at a total budget place in Chiang Mai: Thai House Beauty and Internet on Moon Muang Soi 1. I got a massage at Green Bamboo next door and asked for haircut recommendations and they said they heard good things about the woman next door. I wish I could get an amazing cut at home for the equivalent of 150 Baht!

thaibeautyandinternet.weebly.com

10. Re: great haircut in CM!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 06:15