We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cookery school

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
cookery school

My husband would like to do a cooking class but only wants to do a half day. Can anyone advise whether A LOT OF THAI hold half day classes? If not is there somewhere else? I have checked the FAQ but can't locate info on half day classes.

Thanks in advance MCG

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cookery school

Most (I know of) go for about 6 hours, mid-morning to mid afternoon.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cookery school

A Lot of Thai do half day, full day and also a night course. It should be on their website. If not, just email them and get the details...

If hubby is worried about being bored he wont... you cook a couple of dishes and eat each one as you go.. then you go visit a local market before coming back for a couple more dishes.. it goes really fast and you get to eat all as you go!

Just checked website.. full day is 930 - 400 (1000 baht) and half day is 930 - 130 (800 baht)

Great place!

Birmingham
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cookery school

I've booked onto Siam Rice cookery school after reading reviews posted here on trip advisor (for next Tuesday and can't wait!). Their class runs from 9am to 3.30pm for 800 Baht - still not a half day but a slightly earlier finish than the A Lot of Thai one.

Edited: 12 April 2010, 13:12
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cookery school

Asia Scenic Thai Cooking School also offer a four hour course and the reviews look positive;

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g293917-d1088686/C…

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cookery school

Thank you to all of you. have added all this info to all the other great tips from TA and now he can work out which way to go.

Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cookery school

How was your cooking class.

I am going in June and looking for a good class.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cookery school

I used the following on one of my trips.

http://www.cookinthai.com/

It was great.

I met quite a variety of people from all over the world.

They take photos throughout the day and put it on their website.

Also have a look at this web site it details tours that can be done.

tours-chiangmai.com/sight_seeing_tour.html

You can go through a tour company or hire a tour guide from the list at the top right hand corner of this page.

Do not hesitate to ask more questions.

Ed

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cookery school

I have been to the ChIang Mai Thai Cookery School twice and have loved it both times. I plan to go again in July - will try a different day as they courses change each day of the week.

The staff are great, the surroundings very clean and the facilities well maintained. Of course the food id delicious!

The course is suitable for men and women and I can't recommend highly enough.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cookery school

I'd totally recommend Siam Rice Cookery School, You'll love it. Nancy and her husband are both lovely, and Nancys little boy Peter Pan is really cute!!

If you do go for SIam Rice, tell her Chris and Jon from Green Tulip say hello :)

http://www.siamricethaicookery.com/ - Link for convenience

Edited: 21 April 2010, 14:15
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cookery school

Thank you all for your excellent help- much appreciated.

MCG