We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Hi all,

If its you first or fifth time to CM, I would consider any of Paul’s tours to be an absolute must for touring this beautiful city.

Paul showed us more in one day than I believe any guide would and his knowledge of CM and its culture is exceptional. He even approached a Monk to ask a question that he was unsure of the answer.

Their were many highlights to the day as Paul throws in all the little extra’s including things like lunch at an authentic Thai restaurant that Paul and his family have been going to for over 20 years. A trip to a family run small lacquer ware factory was a pleasure to look over and a private personal one on one with an 8 month old baby elephant are just a few of the highlights on the day.

The tour was worth every cent we paid and we would have no hesitation in recommending his tours.

Thank you so much Paul

Cheers, Pete & Jane

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Pete - are you still there? Would love to read a trip report to catch up on how the whole time went. Sounds like you are having a ball. Glad to hear you had a good day with Paul.

Caroline.

Chiang Mai
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Pete, so glad that you enjoyed your time with Paul and recommend him as highly as I do. Isn't that lacquer ware shop just GREAT???!!!! Come back again sometime... Marie (nannyre)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Hi Pete,

I've used Paul 2 yrs running & agree with everything u said. I went to that little laquer place also & purchased a lovely jewel box. I love watching the lady personalise it with that tiny tube of paint.

Glad u enjoyed Paul's tour.

Cheers,

Lynn

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

My husband and I just had a full day tour with Paul this week. Our visit was fantastic - from his pick up at the airport to drop off at our hotel. Highlights included an orphanage, a chat with a monk (loved it when his cell phone rang!), and lunch at a local restaurant. He designed an itinerary with our interests in mind and really cared about our comfort.

Kevin and Cindy Miller

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Thanks everyone, yes Pauls tours are fantastic.

Cheers, Pete.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

hi there:)

Ive read alot about Paul Collins and what a great guide he is.

How do I contact him? We arrive in Chiang mai in a week yay!!

hobart
Level Contributor
207 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

Hi, if you go to the FAQ's at the top r/h corner of this page...click on" how to find a tour guide" and then scroll down to the Chiang Mai section you will find his and many other good guides details. Cheers.

8. Re: An awesome day touring with Paul Collins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:16