We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

singapore
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

Hi,

Has anybody done the overnight stay?

I do understand the the accommodation is basic but how basic is it?

Is it clean?

Would you recommend doing the overnight stay or just doing 2 day trips?

I will be going in beginning Mar-2011 so just a normal sweater for the nights will do?

cheers,

hamster03

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

I have only done the day trip a couple of times but if you were thinking of two days do the overnight unless you expect 5 star service/accommodation - the place is amazing... I understand its basic but very clean and all you need for one night!

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

I'd think it would be quite a bit 'rustic' to stay there. I just did a day trip last week and can say this is a 'must do' visit - but the area is rather remote and there won't be much to do after dark. The food for lunch was very good, if that helps, and there are plenty of english speakers about.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

Can you ride the elephants there?

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

No its a centre for rescued and abused elephants and after spending a day there you would never even consider riding an elephant..

If you must ride an elephant only support places that do NOT use the baskets on the back of the ellies... bareback is the only way... Try Patara Elephant Farm.. its probably the best option.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

I did the one day trip last week. I wish I had the time to stay overnight because I would in a heartbeat. I spoke with a woman who was there for three weeks for the work/stay and she loved it.

After the craziness of Bangkok and to a lesser extent Chiang Mai, I think the peace and quiet of the ENP would be wonderful. Enjoy yourself.

6. Re: Elephant Nature Park by Lek - overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2011, 05:16