We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

Brisbane
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

I have just come across The Twenty Lodge, has anyone stayed here. Rooms look nice, seem a bit modern though. Website said close to Sunday Walking Street, and rates are excellent.

Not sure if its a new hotel or not, can't seem to find any reviews

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

I've been looking at that one too - looks very new and I think that could be why it has no reviews here. I did manage to find a few on Agoda

agoda.com/asia/…the_twenty_lodge.html

From what I have seen it seems really lovely and I am considering it for a few nights on my next trip to CM.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

Twenty Lodge is miles away from Thae Phae Gate... It is at the opposite end of old city. There are 4 entrances into old city. Tha Phae Gate is the entrance closest to the night market downtown (outside of old city.) Just inside Thae Phae is a selection of cafes; Internet cafes, 7/11 store, fish spa, & Muay Thai Stadium, a market, lots of hotels, guest houses, travel agents, bars, & even a cooking school. The 3 main streets of Chiang Mai are outside of Thae Phae Gate.

In terms of getting around; staying somewhere close to Thae Phae Gate for convenience may-be a better option. ...But that really depends on you and what you looking for. (You may have to tuk tuk around a bit from Travellers Lodge instead of walking.)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

So is it actually near anything? I don't mind it being far from the Night Bazaar but would like it to be walking distance to Sunday market.

sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

We just left Chiang Mai and The Twenty Lodge and loved our stay. Local red buses are incredibly cheap (20 baht each even to the other city of the Old City), however the Sunday Walking Market is an easy walk away. It is near the North Western corner of the city's ringroad. Nice little oasis to return to of an evening. Lovely staff. Would definitely visit again - no hesitation!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

You have to Tuk Tuk or ride a red song tao (covered pick-up truck with 2 benches in the back) to get around from here. It is at the opposite end of Old City. Walking Street comes starts at Thapae Gate. (The opposite end of Old City.

Edited: 20 May 2012, 17:52
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

The Twenty Lodge is on the west side of the old city (the less touristy side). It is few minutes walk from the Sunday Walking Street Market, but heading to the Night Bazaar would require a tuk tuk or song teaw ride.

Several of the nicer temples in the old city section are on the west side, so there are things to see within walking distance and there is plenty of good food choices on that side as well (though English menus are not as common ;-).

If you are keen to walk everywhere, then you might consider a hotel on the east side of the old city. But if your travel mode is more sedate (tours, taxi, tuk tuk), then it can be a nice quiet area to stay in.

7. Re: Anyone stayed at The Twenty Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 10:29