We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

Has anyone booked a flight through fleapy.com? I assume that's a new airline booking company associated with specific airlines; NOK AIR being one of them. I don't know anything about fleapy.com *Just wondering how reputable they are.

I'm considering switching (from AirAsia) to NOK AIR PLUS. I read so many positive reviews for NOK - I was impressed. Only (500THB) $10.US to bump it up a notch from ECONO to PLUS which is business class which automatically allows 30kg for 2 checked luggage & 20kg for cabin luggage. WHOA!

I don't care about the free snack, etc; or leg room. I like the fact that NOK is never late. ...And the weight allowance! WOW! That's really got my attention! I wouldn't have to fill/stuff my purse with all the heaviest items.

Hmm... So the only downside is using Don Muang Airport. Ya well... that's how it was when I first started going to Thailand. I can live with that.

Interesting... the price is slightly less (or the same) as AirAsia (by the time you include AirAsia's add ons.) In January I paid $140. AirAsia. (with add ons) BKK to Chiang Mai return. NOK AIR PLUS is $130. (with no add ons) peak season.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

Fleaply.com (fly cheaply) is a new startup, whose system searches other airline's reservation system and shows you flight prices for the year. It is an interesting concept, but too new to have any track record or reputation.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

Book direct with Nok Air, saves time and hassle. IMO they are the best budget airline operating in Thailand. Using Don Muang only has one drawback - if you're connecting to or from international flights you've got to taxi it to Suvarnabhumi. Otherwise Don Muang has many advantages - less passengers so faster movement through the airport, more friendly than "Swampy", and while there's no fast train its easy to get to by taxi. Its a bit shabby but I much prefer using it to the huge Suvarnabhumi. And I can't fault Nok Air, where you get more for your advertised air fare than carriers like Air Asia.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

Nok Air is great!! Notch above Air Asia IMHO and ditto what bbtony said,

4. Re: Has Anyone Used Nok Air Plus (or Nok Air?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:42