We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com

chittaway bay
Level Contributor
267 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Booking.com

Anyone had any problems with this website.?? Agoda and sawadee I've heard great reviews. Just want some opinions so I can book. Thanks, renaej

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,551 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking.com

I used this company to make a booking recently, no issues.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking.com

Both booking.com and Agoda.com are owned by US corporation Priceline. Essentially, if you using booking.com in Asia, you're using the same infrastructure as Agoda.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,230 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking.com

Except Booking,com show prices including tax & service charges and don't or didn't when I last used them use DCR (Dynamic Currency Conversion) both of which are the source frequently of complaints about Agoda.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking.com

Very reliable and you don't pay in advance, they also usually have very good cancellation policies.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking.com

I have started to use Booking.com in recent months and it is great so far. We did 3 separate hotel stays in Korea in May and had no problems. Also, used them for lots of reservations for an upcoming trip to NZ in Dec-Jan.

The nice thing about Booking.com - is that you usually do not have to pay for your stay until arrival. But some hotels do require one night payment in advance. However, Agoda requires FULL payment of the entire stay upon making the reservation.

However, in checking Chiang Mai hotels for Nov in the last few days, the Agoda price was cheaper than the Booking.com price for the same hotels. This included the tax and service charges with Agoda - go figure. However, I did not find this to be the case for my NZ reservations.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,230 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking.com

With most of Booking.com bookings also, there is no cancellation fee. In some cases this may be optional. Pay a bit extra to have no cancellation fee or take a risk and pay the lower amount.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking.com

use them a lot never had an issue..Book in confidence.

Pat

chittaway bay
Level Contributor
267 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking.com

Thankyou all so much! Feeling a lot more confident now :) going to start booking our accommodation tonight!!!

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
38 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking.com

have used booking.com (activehotels.com) for years - excellent, good rates, and most bookings can be cancelled without penalty, up to a week before arrival. I like to book many months in advance, and although some of the other sites have slightly lower rates, I do not want to pay in full at time of booking or have non refundable rates.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
530 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking.com

Have used Booking.com for travel to Egypt and India, and now for our Dec trip to Thailand. I have taken advantage of booking hotels several months in advance and cancelling in a few weeks if further research turns up better locations and/or service. Have never had issues although I must admit I am paranoid enough to check with hotel directly a month before departure for confirmation that they have my reservation and the correct details (such as bed preference, non smoking room etc)