We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel to Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
train travel to Chiang Mai

Is it safe to travel 2nd class sleeper to Chiang Mai or is first class compartment a better option. We have 3 teens. Also is it easy to book on line or better to go through an agent. Thanks

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: train travel to Chiang Mai

Thanks Ashilleong. That sounds cheap. I got a price to book through a travel agent here and they quoted me $230 for 5 of us! (one way) I am not sure whether it would be difficult to get 5 tickets near each other booking online. they say tour companies book out whole cars, there is a big price difference though. Enjoy your trip.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: train travel to Chiang Mai

There's another group, www.thailandtrainticket.com that does reasonable prices (200thb surcharge, but that's not much) and can book more seats easily. I would give them a try as their prices are the closest to the official ones.

Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: train travel to Chiang Mai

In bangkok at moment been to station today to book day train to Chiang Mai for Monday. Very easy. Everyone helpful. NOt sure of availability for sleeper for more than two people. L.

14. Re: train travel to Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17