We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otel.com

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Otel.com

Hi Fellow Travellers,

Just like to enquire if any of you have any problems with booking your accommodations via OTEL.com.

I have just made a couple of bookings for the first time and like to receive your feedback.

Thanks very much

Wong CH

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otel.com

Never heard of them in Thailand

Perhaps if you care to mention which hotel when, which type of room and what you paid that gives an idea whether you got a good deal or not.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otel.com

Thanks Monica,

I made two separate reservations for early January 2013, one for Rimping Village and the other Empress Hotel in Chiang Mai. Rimping replied positively about my reservation but Empress Hotel replied negatively & even advised me not to deal with Otel but with Agoda or Booking.com.

I've called Otel about this and have been assured by them that all reservations will be honored and they have different agencies to deal with specific hotels in Chiang Mai. I am quite assured about Rimping now but not so for Empress Hotel. Any advice will be appreciated.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Otel.com

I have used Otel many times, I used them to book our hotel in Samui in May and have never had a problem with them.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Otel.com

Thanks Chrella,

I started to use Otel.com after some research. Apparently, Otel quoted the best prices in their quotes for Rimping Village & Empress Hotel, even against quotes from Agoda, Booking.com, Openroomz and many other hotel websites.

If they prove reliable in booking for Asian hotels, I will continue to use them.

Thanks again.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 16:09
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Otel.com

I've used otel.com - with no problems.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Otel.com

Whenever you book via a third party it is good practice to contact the hotel directly to confirm the reservation. This way you make sure that you dont have any nasty surprise when you turn up in a hotel with no reservation in their system

7. Re: Otel.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 10:54
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Otel.com

Hi Monica,

No, I've not done so. I am conversant only with the international ones. Do you have those Thailand booking sites that I could use? Appreciate your help here.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 04:27
Istanbul
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Otel.com

Hi wongchinhong

Thank you for your post and for booking with us.

If you have both of your accomodation vouchers then then your bookings have been confirmed to our company.

If you let me have the tracking number for the booking at the Empress hotel then I will be more than happy to get the hotel’s own confirmation number for you

Caroline

Community Manager

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Otel.com

Why don't you tell us the date and type of room ( and currency ) and then we can help to tell you if you got a good deal or not